Roland Amp

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

bowser2533

Roland Amp

Post by bowser2533 »

Has anyone ever tried the roland J C 90 amp. Think its the same as the J C 120. It has 2 10 inch speakers not sure of the wattage. Found one real cheap. Will be running a ric 360/ 12 thru it. Any input will help. Will hate to drive 100 miles and find out it sounds bad. I know the J C 120 sounds Great. Thanks Gary
Halbert

Re: Roland Amp

Post by Halbert »

I always quite liked the Roland Jazz Chorus amps. This one is an 80 watt ( two 40w channels) has a built-in chorus, but sounds great clean, which is what counts. I don't know what your taste in amps are, but I would love to have one of these.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gary what year was this amplifier made? There are plenty of used JC amplifiers kicking around and a number of them has quite a noticeable hiss about them that you might not enjoy. I have a JC 77 which I love but if you are used to a quiet amplifier this would not be one of them. At stage level you will be fine.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
bowser2533

Post by bowser2533 »

Think he said it was made in the mid 80's. He wants 300.00 for it. Gary Call
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Reply that is quite fair price for the JC90 but it will be noisey compared to most Fender tube amps if that matters to you. Also check to see if the Reverb is working as many do not from that era.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Gary, do you live anywhere near Los Angeles? I'll sell you a vintage JC-120 with a Gator road case for $425 :shock:
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Offer good to any forumite if Gary passes. Would also trade for 2 Celestion UK Blues. I'm not shipping this thing and want to make sure YOU are happy with it before you pay me.
bowser2533

Post by bowser2533 »

Sounds like a great deal for 425.00.But i live near Pittsburgh. Right now im using a new Fender Deluxe Modilied and i love it. The sound is crystal clear. I didnt get to try the jc 90 yet. Was wondering if there is a real big differemce in sound? I tried a VOX AC 15 and sounded a little honkey to my ear for the lack of a better term. So i went with the deluxe. With the fender i can almost get the ric sound on the Byrds tamborine man album. I am very satisfied with that. Seems like on 5D and younger than yesterday the 12 string tone changed a lot. Just was wondering if the roland amps would be closer to that tone. Any input on this? Again thank you so much for the great price on your JC120. Gary
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Well, Roger used the JC amps a lot there for a while, great sound. If you live near Monroeville, check out the Music-Go-Round there-they were very cool to me when I lived in Irwin a few years back and always had a good turnover of used gear, and the fairest prices on trade ins I've ever seen. The Guitar Center next to the Monroeville mall made me wish the Zombies from Dawn of the Dead would have eaten them-always got the major attitude in there. :lol:

Anyways, best of luck! :D
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

bowser2533 wrote: a VOX AC 15 and sounded a little honkey to my ear

What did he just call me? :lol:

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”