Rics in your dreams

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: Rics in your dreams

Post by johnallg »

walker wrote:Last night I dreamt that I was playing bass for Dio! I was using my '79 'Harley Bass'

It was actually pretty spot-on to being what my bass looks like in real life - not an odd subconscious mutation, except the knobs had these cool red lights around the base of them, sort of like brake lights.

Same with RJD himself - he looked about the way he did right before he died.

So we start the show - big loud intro! Lots of fanfare and hard rocking. It was some Black Sabbath song that was actually from the pre-Dio phase, oddly enough. The spotlights are on us, it's a big arena show with the flash-pots and various pyrotechnics and whatnot... then the lighting dims down onstage enough so that we can see the audience, ...and there's about 8 people out there... scattered about in various seats throughout the theater - funny that they didn't even bother to just come up front. We see that the place is practically vacant, and Dio shrugs and says to us: "Well, what do you think? Should we even bother?" And we all agreed to go ahead and play in spite of the dismal turnout. "Sure. Why not? We're here, everything's already set up, F it."

And so it went.
Great dream. I just dream about old houses or work...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

johnallg wrote:I just dream about old houses or work...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have nightmares about old houses.............
s4001

Post by s4001 »

I used to have waiter nightmares. Anyone who's waited tables can tell you about 'em.

I've been playing so many gigs lately, I've started having gig nightmares. :shock: I take the 4003 to gigs as my security blanket.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

I wouldn't call it nightmares, those dreams with waitresses in them :twisted:

My oiled Doozey feels really nice... I've been daydreaming about an oiled 360!
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

jps wrote:
johnallg wrote:I just dream about old houses or work...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have nightmares about old houses.............
After your PMs. no doubt. :lol: :lol:
beatledust19

Post by beatledust19 »

I seem to have a recurring dream twice a year about having my own 360/12. Generally, it'll be of the Christmas morning variety, where the Ric is laying under the tree. I'll pick it up, start playing it, and all is right with the world. Then I'll wake up, and it'll be gone.

The last Ric dream, however was a nightmare. I was at my parent's house, playing a 360/12FG. Suddenly, 20 people show up, as I put the guitar down on the couch. When those 20 people were gone, so was the Ric. Instead of calling the cops, I decided to hit all of the local pawn shops, and guitar stores, with the idea that I'll call the cops, when I get back. After hitting a few places with no luck, I decide to head back to my parent's house and call the cops. Mercifully, that's when I woke up.

As a postscript, I just bought a 360/12CW that should be here, tomorrow. Before I even so much as tune it, I'm getting it insured. 8)
"Possession is nine-tenths of the problem."
-Dr. Winston O'Boogie, 1974
8mileshigher

Rics in your dreams

Post by 8mileshigher »

I just re-read the several pages of this thread ....... :shock: :shock: :roll:
Amazing stuff !
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

I only have nightmare type dreams about my ricks, or demented dreams; like the neck snaps off the body while I'm playing the guitar, or the guitar turns into a pencil, or rubber band, or something like that, but I'm still trying to play music with it.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

I never really have dreams about my Ricks while I sleep. If I did, like Paulie, they would probably be nightmares about something bad happening to them.
In my daydreams would be a 4381JV or 4330JV, 4002 and 4004Cii in 4 and 5 string versions fretted and fretless for all models. Maybe a 4004Cii with full width inlays. :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
8mileshigher

Rics in your dreams

Post by 8mileshigher »

rickenbrother wrote:In my daydreams would be a 4381JV or 4330JV,
Is there an artists conceptual drawing available of these two JV designated models ? Or somewhere pictured on another RRF thread ?
Dom

Post by Dom »

Some funny stuff on here! I have a recurring dream where Neil Young gives me an early style 360F...with a double cutaway, it has black hardware, bigsby, the finish is worn off and it has beer bottle caps embedded in the front along the perimeter...tone caps he says. I can even smell the case. Great dream, then that sad limbo when you wake up & think it is real. I hate that part. I also used to dream I had a Fireglo 352/12 and have a major band called Pummelface :shock:

Lately I've been dreaming I'm following the path of electrons through a wiring scheme I've been contemplating. Some building up in a cap going yay while others die silently with unhappy faces when they get sent to ground. They also start to dance & glow when I engage the treble booster. :lol: I keep waking up in a sweat.
8mileshigher

Rics in your dreams

Post by 8mileshigher »

Question for Walker ..... on the awesome JetGlo/Chrome V63 ? bass pictured before, what are those three mini toggle switches for ?? Some sort of Supercharger or Gain boost or Tone shaper you hotwired ? 8)
Harley-3-switch-4sm.jpg
CarlWilson

Post by CarlWilson »

I've had two dreams about rics actually, but the most interesting one was that me and a pal of mine somehow got into Friar Park (George was still alive) and managed to steal George's 360/12OS. We got home and just sat there, looking at it, and the guilt started to build up because we stole from GEORGE HARRISON, an idol of ours. When we felt bad enough about it we went back, ric in hand, and took it up to the top story where George was. We gave it back to him and apologized and he just gave me a blank stare. Before I knew it, he was screaming and he pushed me out a window. I died. :( :twisted: :lol: Not very Harrison like, eh?
Carl - I can still hear music. :)
david/wales/u.k

Post by david/wales/u.k »

I reckon you dream a lot more about them when you haven't got one and desperately want one 8)
raygunpyle

Post by raygunpyle »

I had a dream about my RIC, but I'd call it more of a nightmare. For some reason my 620 neck snapped off and was put back on with Gorilla Glue and my tailpiece was warped into some weird shape. It was one of those dreams that felt to real...

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”