325v59 and work in the studio ?

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

axel

325v59 and work in the studio ?

Post by axel »

I want to expand my set of Rickenbackers and have thought of several models. But I stumbled today on a magnificent mapleglo 325v59 - something like love at first sight I guess. But the question is I use my Ricks mostly for studio work : is this 325 ok for that, shortscale, bigsby and all ? Will it stay in tune properly (no dive-bomb whoopees planned), is the short scale format suitable for hours of continuous work ? It felt allright when I tried it in the shop, but that was only ten minutes. I'm so used to my 360 and 620 I wonder if I'll feel allright with something different.
Any advice ?
thanks
Frank_S

Post by Frank_S »

Hey check out the post below about gigging with a 325. It addresses some of your concerns.
axel

Post by axel »

thanks Frank - I hadn't scrolled down the list enough to see your discussion. I'll try to have the shop lend it to me for a studio session and see how I feel about it after a hard day's etc.
axel
Frank_S

Post by Frank_S »

Did you buy it?
axel

Post by axel »

No, no yet. They wouldn't let me borrow it for a session...and I'm a little reluctant to get something so different for the hefty price they're asking for it... I've spotted a magnificent mapleglo 360wb which also has a beautiful sound ; quite different than my 360 - and much better. Guess I'll go the 'wb' way.
Thanks for your advice
axel
guille72

Post by guille72 »

Hey, man, I have a 325V63 and works with it at studio, it´s a dream, light weight, short scale, sounds terrific, keep in tone very well !!! what else do you want, go for it !!!
I don´t know why lot of people think that short scale it´s a nightmare, takes a time to adapt to it but when you got it, you have a Ferrai in your hand !!!
axel

Post by axel »

Well, I still haven't bought either one of 'em - can't make up my mind. And there's that 360CW I've spotted - hell, I dunno what to do...
Mike_D.

Post by Mike_D. »

Hello Axel: Love at first sight is a wonderment! Get the 325v59. You'll dig it. I got one about six weeks ago and I've never for a moment questioned that decision. It's one of the most comfortable and fun guitars I've ever played. It stays in tune as well as any guitar with a stick shift on it. (I guess that's a whammy bar these days.) The first song I played on it was "Walk Don't Run". So cool! I don't play in a band these days, but I've been doing some rockin' around the house and a little recording and having a great time. Also, IMHO, the v59 is the classiest 325. I much prefer the looks of the Bigsby to the Kaufman or Accent vibrato systems; and the diamond knobs are cool too. And besides, you already have a 360. And besides that, it's a Beatle guitar and that adds to the fun! My two cents.
trosse

Re: 325v59 and work in the studio ?

Post by trosse »

Listen to a few Beatles records :o)
deaconblues
RRF Consultant

Post by deaconblues »

12 year resurrection...is that a new record?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Wow. How the heck would someone even come across this thread? Troels?
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

deaconblues wrote:12 year resurrection...is that a new record?
Might be! :roll:
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”