New Rickenbacker Guitar For Me!

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Rickadelphia

New Rickenbacker Guitar For Me!

Post by Rickadelphia »

Just purchased a brand new Ruby 620/6 last week. Absolutely fabulous looking guitar and the Ruby color is amazing. The 620 is playing in nicely; seems like it takes at least two weeks for most new guitars to settle in and this one is really new, having a manufacture date of 9/13). Have done some relatively minor set-up work myself (tweak the truss rods, bridge height, intonation and pick up heights) and it plays very nicely and sounds great. I was really impressed by the quality and variety of tones I can get out of the guitar. The the classic Ric crystal clear jangle is there in spades but the overdriven and distorted tones really sound great.....not a generic approximation of a Les Paul or a Strat but its own unique tone (think early Smithereens). The neck pick up also does a nice fat but clear jazzy tone (too bad my entire jazz vocabulary consists of about two licks and two chords). So far, very happy with my first Ric in many years (had an early 80's 330/12 many years ago but sold it).
Folkie
Advanced Member

Re: New Rickenbacker Guitar For Me!

Post by Folkie »

Congratulations, Howard! Please send us some pics!!!
360girl

Post by 360girl »

Congrats! Have fun with your new 620! :)
Rickadelphia

Post by Rickadelphia »

Have some pictures but clueless how to post them........

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”