Chris Hillman LIVE @ National Aviary 5-21-2004

Those who flock to The Byrds
leep
Veteran RRF member

Chris Hillman LIVE @ National Aviary 5-21-2004

Post by leep »

I saw Chris Hillman perform at the National Aviary for birds here in Pittsburgh, PA last night, and I had an EXCELLENT time. Not only is Chris a fine musician, he's also a really nice guy in person too. This was a really cool and intimate performance for about 250 people at the National Aviary that helped raise funds for rare bird conservation. The great bluegrass band from Oklahoma, the Byron Berline Band, opened the show, and then Chris performed solo, and at the end, The Byron Berline Band joined Chris for the final set of songs. Chris played a lot of great songs, Have You Seen Her Face, Desert Rose, Turn! Turn! Turn!, Sin City, You Ain't Going Nowhere, I Am A Pilgrim, plus many others and even some new songs of his (I don't have my notes here with me, so I will provide a more detailed list of the show later). It was a really cool and intimate performance, and I sat in the second row, and got to talk to Chris before and after the show. He was a really nice guy, and he signed my copies of the Byrds albums Younger Than Yesterday, Notorious Byrd Brothers (which I already had signed by McGuinn in 2001), Sweetheart of the Rodeo, and the Flying Burrito Brothers CD. It was a great time! I took pictures of the show, and I have posted them on my web site for everybody to see at the following web address:

http://www.angelfire.com/music5/leepaxton/chrishillman.html
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Chris Hillman played mandolin on one of my freind's albums if I'm not mistaken.
grsnovi
Veteran RRF member

Post by grsnovi »

Looking at the pictures Lee posted, it seems that Chris is playing a Collings mando these days.
chingnchime

Post by chingnchime »

Lee- Enjoyed the pics of the Hillman/Berline show. Especially the one w/ you and Chris posing. Question- Are the 2 people in the background trying to revive a heart attack victim? I mean, I'm sure it was an exciting show, but... (LOL)

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”