Some gig pics

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
Sugarcane

Some gig pics

Post by Sugarcane »

I've only owned my Rick for a short while, having Always been mainly a Fender player, but I've gigged with it a couple of times already... I'll post the upcoming ones here as well.

Here are some images of my Rick being played live and in a studio rehearsal and jam...

cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Some gig pics

Post by cjj »

Looks like a fun time. What are your impressions of the Rick vs. your Fender guitars?
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Sugarcane

Post by Sugarcane »

They're entirely different animals.

I play typical SSS stratocasters, and a solid body Rickenbacker is almost like an alien artifact compared to them (or vice-versa).

As I am a small guy, the 600 family (620, 660, 450) fit me like a glove, as they are significantly narrower, lighter and smaller all around than the average Gibson Les Paul.

Even the neck on the 620, which is often frowned upon for being narrow, siuts me just fine. I'd say that the 620 is a guitar that is practically tailored for me.

Tonewise, the high gains have just enough jangle and seem to have a slightly higher output compared to the 50s style Fender pickups I use, but it could be just my ears.

It's a great guitar for professional use.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Sergio, Welcome! Another fan of the 600s here. How do you like the blend knob and do you have favorite ways of putting it to use?
Don't let democracy end democracy.

Return to “My Gig Forum”