Aussie Roll Call

Reports from Australia
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Aussie Roll Call

Post by cjj »

carr wrote:"I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
"
And Bass players dont know what to do with G-strings and thongs?

Maybe thats why I am a poor bass player
Can't say I've ever tried wearin' 'em...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
carr

Post by carr »

Looks like Aussie ( and Kiwi) Ric players/Owners are an uncommunicative bunch
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Well, after last weekend...
:roll: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
carr

Post by carr »

I sat (uncomfortably ) on the fence being a Kiwi Citizen but resident in Oz for the last 30 years
Steamtronic

Post by Steamtronic »

Hi guys, Gold Coast calling! Just acquired my first Ric - 2011 4003 Jetglow. Rawr.

I want to get some bits & pieces - hipshot bridge, trebel bezel, black pickguard - but can only find vendors online who sell one item but not the others. Im trying to avoid racking up multiple shipping charges @ about $30 a throw. Tried Amazon but when I go to order it tells me they wont ship to Australia.

Any suggestions where I can pick these things up at a reasonable price in the one shipment?
carr

Post by carr »

Steamtronic wrote:Hi guys, Gold Coast calling! Just acquired my first Ric - 2011 4003 Jetglow. Rawr.

I want to get some bits & pieces - hipshot bridge, trebel bezel, black pickguard - but can only find vendors online who sell one item but not the others. Im trying to avoid racking up multiple shipping charges @ about $30 a throw. Tried Amazon but when I go to order it tells me they wont ship to Australia.

Any suggestions where I can pick these things up at a reasonable price in the one shipment?
Have you tried Pick of the Ricks in US? Ive never bought parts but I did get Genuine Ric strings
Was very prompt and a good communicator. Cant remember his name

Pick of the Ricks
www.pickofthericks.com/
The Largest Online Retailer of Rickenbacker Guitars, Basses,Parts and Accessories.
Be the first to review
121 Holly St, Lindenwold, NJ 08021
(856) 782-7300
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Yeah, Chris Clayton at Pick of the Ricks is a great guy. I know there are restrictions on selling instruments (being in the US he can't sell outside North America maybe South Am too?), but I think parts are OK. I've bought from him, but back when I was in the US.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Steamtronic

Post by Steamtronic »

cjj wrote:Yeah, Chris Clayton at Pick of the Ricks is a great guy. I know there are restrictions on selling instruments (being in the US he can't sell outside North America maybe South Am too?), but I think parts are OK. I've bought from him, but back when I was in the US.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Thanks!

Looked at POTR, but they don't sell hipshot bridges or black pickguards for 4003's, just the treble bezel. At the moment I'll have to order all three items from 3 separate suppliers and pay 3 separate shipping costs, each about AUD$30 so $90 all up on an order that will be about $160. I was hoping to also get someone who does DR strings but thats not so important.
carr

Post by carr »

can you ship to one address in USA and have them shipped together from thee to here? Is it worth it ..?
Ratwax

Post by Ratwax »

Hi Folks,

I just found the Aussie Chapter after a few years on the RRF. It's interesting what you don't know if you don't look. Mostly a lurker, but pop my head up from time to time. I'm located near Gosford on the Central Coast.
Andrew

1989 620/12,
2003 4003
1986 330
1991 381 V69
1998 650 Dakota
Plus various Squiers and stuff

Return to “Australian Chapter: by Greg Rahilly”