Ric cases & handles

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Ric cases & handles

Post by jdogric12 »

Sound like the 3-guitar stands that were made for the 75th anniversary. Check out the pics from the hotel event on this site, youll see em. Try the Confluences section and get back to 200...6? Fall of that year? Do you have the flat standing inserts that go in them?
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

FINTEETH wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 pm Hi, I also have wondered about rickenbacker case history. I recently obtained two Rickenbacker "briefcases" of unknown origin and history I would love to learn more about. They are both typical grey with stitched leather black ends and handles, blue interiors and logos, very similar to guitar cases. , except both are approx 19x14 inches with different shades/ textures of dark blue interior. Crazy thing is one is approx 4 inches deep and the other approx. 5 inches deep. I think they must be briefcases as they both have folio pockets in the inner lid that snap. I was thinking they may have been salesman briefcases vs accessories as it seems odd they would make two different size accessory cases. I e-mailed the company but, not suprizingly, got no reply. Regarding ricks i own , i have had some nice ones over the years , but now just have a late 50's 3 pickup Capri with Kaufman vibrato , and two late 60's Transonic 100 and Transonic 200 amps. They are solid state, but were high grade and really sound good. Several top acts used them for a time, including Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Steppenwolf, so pretty good endorsements. I think Page still has his. Any help on my briefcases will be appreciated.
Can you post some photos?
collin

Post by collin »

Nothing quite like a 17-year zombie thread revival.

(And it wasn’t even Kenny this time!)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

FINTEETH wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 pm I recently obtained two Rickenbacker "briefcases" of unknown origin and history I would love to learn more about. They are both typical grey with stitched leather black ends and handles, blue interiors and logos, very similar to guitar cases. , except both are approx 19x14 inches with different shades/ textures of dark blue interior. Crazy thing is one is approx 4 inches deep and the other approx. 5 inches deep. I think they must be briefcases as they both have folio pockets in the inner lid that snap.
jdogric12 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:16 pm Sound like the 3-guitar stands that were made for the 75th anniversary. Check out the pics from the hotel event on this site, youll see em. Try the Confluences section and get back to 200...6? Fall of that year? Do you have the flat standing inserts that go in them?
My triple stand from the 75th is 19" x 24" x 5", and has the triple folding insert for the necks to rest against. What Rick has is smaller and with a briefcase-style folio inserts, so they can't be the stands. Pics would certainly be nice to see.
Last edited by jps on Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FINTEETH

Post by FINTEETH »

Hi again, I saw a pic the the stand/ case but dont think these are it , as they have folio pockets in the inner lids, are different depths ,and have differing color and texture blue interiors. Also , why two different depths? I looked in both and neither has any indentations or signs anything went in them and is now gone, and both have three section leaf folios in the inner lid. I see a pic of a stand one that sold on reverb, but dont think they are exactly the same, although the case part of one one might be. I wonder if the inner stand part came out of the one on the net ? Seems odd they would make them two different depths. Thanks
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Here is my stand case, with some added accessories.
Rig-1200_1559a.jpg
FINTEETH

Post by FINTEETH »

Cool pic. My thinner case looks alot like this , minus the interior part. Does yours have folio/ pockets in the interior lid, and does that stand section come out easily? My deeper case looks different. thanks
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

That's a very cool pic, jps. And you did something that I've never seen in guitar/amps gear pics. You actually have powered up the amps. The little red jewels are glowing. Good idea.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

FINTEETH wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:26 pm Cool pic. My thinner case looks alot like this , minus the interior part. Does yours have folio/ pockets in the interior lid, and does that stand section come out easily? My deeper case looks different. thanks
It's larger than the cases you have, going by your measurements. No folio/pockets, this was designed for holding instruments, although it did come in handy as a small suitcase for when I came back home from the anniversary weekend. The upper part of the case (the part the necks rest against) pulls right out after being unlatched at the top (it uses the case latches to hold it in place along with removable bars that go in between the instrument's bodies at the bottom of the case. Then it folds up and fits back into the case for storage.
collin

Post by collin »

Rick, if you would just post a photo of your case, we could be much more productive in this discussion.
FINTEETH

Post by FINTEETH »

Hi, Trying to attach a few pics , maybe i can. These were definately used , but dont think they were stands. I just got them and havent had a chance to clean them yet so excuse dirt. Also, I'll try to later submit some pics of my transonic 100 and 200 and a few other ricky goodies, some gone , some still around.
119240638_4_x.zip
(141.32 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
119240638_2_x.zip
(49.7 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Thanks
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Are the files you have JPGs? How big are they? If not too big, you can simply drag them from your folder onto the dialog box when you post, to attach them directly into your post. Very easy to do, these days and, to me, much better than attaching a zip file.
FINTEETH

Post by FINTEETH »

Hi All, I just got a message from fellow who recently sold a grey case/ stand that looked alot like my case and said his did "not" have leaves/ folios in the lid as both of mine , probably dispelling thoughts mine are case/ stands that no longer have the stand sections. He also said his was larger than either of mine , although they say size doesnt matter. Thanks

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”