KarmaKanic and Transatlantic

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jaymi
Advanced Member

KarmaKanic and Transatlantic

Post by jaymi »

Karmakanic has a bassplayer named jonas Reingold...he has a KILLER Ric tone on the record called Wheel of Life-2 tracks only...Transatlantic has a bass player named Pete Trewavas who plays also with Marillion and he has a variety of Rics....check them out...
78 Purple 4001
88 BLACKSTAR
89 BLACKSTAR
89 Mid Blue
91 Mid Blue
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Jonas Reingold also plays with The Flower Kings and plays a Jazz Bass; I thought he played a Rick from his tone, at first!
jaymi
Advanced Member

Post by jaymi »

On that Wheel of Life CD it is a Ric...I know that he plays others as well but check out the tone....that's no JAZZ!!
78 Purple 4001
88 BLACKSTAR
89 BLACKSTAR
89 Mid Blue
91 Mid Blue
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

There was an interview with Jonas in the UK Bass Guitar Magazine a while ago that made no mention of a Rickenbacker. I have TFKs 'Back In the World Of Adventures' album, and I could swear it is a Rick, but I can only go by what Jonas said in the magazine.
bobcat
Intermediate Member

Post by bobcat »

Doesn't he also play a Yamaha BB bass? And he's pretty kickass on fretless. His stuff with the Flower Kings is very nice, to say the least, but I've never thought he was playing a Ric. I've not heard him play with anyone but the Flower Kings, though, so I dunno if he uses other stuff.

Pete Trewavas is awesome. GREAT example of how a Ric can sound pretty much however you want . . . and he often uses a 4000 bass, no less. One pickup, a million sounds, all Ric.
Bobji7

Re: KarmaKanic and Transatlantic

Post by Bobji7 »

Saw Steve Hackett and his band last night and Swedish bassist Jonas Reingold was using his Ric bass almost exclusively the whole night. I say almost as he played some rhythm and a 12-string/bass double neck on a couple numbers.
Attachments
FD421779-FAE8-4F7F-B19F-AEB01A627B34.jpeg
F5E7A652-BEC6-4DE1-BE5A-DEFFD965E30F.jpeg

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”