Issues with my 360/12 at the moment (wrong tuners, ski jump neck)

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

DesolationBlvd

Issues with my 360/12 at the moment (wrong tuners, ski jump neck)

Post by DesolationBlvd »

I've now noticed two issues with my 1997 360/12.

The previous owner put Grover slotted top Kluson style tuners. Needless to say, this does not work very well with the inner pegs on the 12-string headstock. I do like the look compared to the Schaller tuners, and going back to Schaller would mean the new holes would be visible. Should I just get regular tuners, or would the Kluson Revolution locking tuners with the knob on the back fit in the inner pegs? I like locking tuners for the speed of string changes.

More worryingly is the ski jump in the neck. The Ernie Ball 12-string 9's gave me a noticeable ski jump, I went down to the 8's and the ski jump has lessened.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Issues with my 360/12 at the moment (wrong tuners, ski jump neck)

Post by jdogric12 »

I would definitely put the better tuners back on. No one will see those holes on the headstock from 5 feet away.

What is a ski jump?
DesolationBlvd

Re: Issues with my 360/12 at the moment (wrong tuners, ski jump neck)

Post by DesolationBlvd »

jdogric12 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:25 am I would definitely put the better tuners back on. No one will see those holes on the headstock from 5 feet away.

What is a ski jump?
The original tuners were long gone, I bought this used.

Ski jump: as in a bend in the neck around the 12th fret or so. The neck is straight up to there, bends, and is straight again after the bend. Different from neck relief. I've got it under control right now with the ultra-light strings, but I want to get back to 9s.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”