New guy here...

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Mike P

New guy here...

Post by Mike P »

Hey, I've been away for 13 years.....what did I miss?
admin
Site Admin

Re: New guy here...

Post by admin »

Mike, Welcome Back. What did you miss? Our friendship! :D
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I can laugh now, but after a divorce and lawsuit that broke me, I began the rebuilding of my life
The home and the workshop I had created was no more so some adjusting needed to take place.
The tools, guitars, and most material things that I was passionate about were not carrying over into apartment life.
In fact, I still need to clear some guitars and focus on the ones that are dearest to me.
Most haven't seen the outside of a case in over ten years.
I can't remember the username I had here nor my old email I had, so a new "identity" was created, hence, "New guy."
Still in the same area, but looking to move. Been stagnant too long.
Actually, I finally retired and made the decision to not fuss over things I can't control (very difficult for me to do) and take it a few days at a time.
Is it wisdom? Could be. I think it's just surrendering to the futility of realizing I have little control over most things.
So I said, "What the heck. Why not play guitar?" and decided to see how old acquaintances were doing.
That's kind it....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So glad you are back. I look forward to you sharing your guitar experiences once again. :D
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Welcome new guy. Lawsuits are not fun. I'm not a lawyer and avoid wearing suits whenever possible. I never divorced and so can't speak to that (more lawyers and suits!). New beginnings can be a fantastic thing though, and I wish you the best. Hope you can manage to have a Rickenbacker around; just having one out on a stand, ready to go can make the day brighter! Guitars and music always seem to meet you half way.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
Sugarcane

Post by Sugarcane »

Welcome, buddy!
Bighouse
Intermediate Member

Post by Bighouse »

Mike P wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:00 pm I can laugh now…
I can't remember the username I had here nor my old email I had, so a new "identity" was created, hence, "New guy."…
Welcome back. I also have returned after a long hiatus. I did remember my username, though! But this is now a mystery that must be solved for you. Did you register any of your serial numbers on the registry? Go do an advanced search and I believe it may give you your old name here- or do a message search for a topic or phrase you know you posted!
Because I told you before- oh, you can't do that.
sir_andrew_of_left_coast
Veteran RRF member

Post by sir_andrew_of_left_coast »

Mike!

Your name rang a bell. I see we exchanged "private messages" on here, back in 2008. At that time, you had just moved to Pasadena and you were at Fire Station 50. I was living nearby in Highland Park.

I can't tell you your former user name... it shows you as "anonymous" in my inbox now. :lol:

I bid farewell to SoCal back in 2014. Now, I'm chillin' (in more ways than one 8) ) in North Dakota.

I hadn't logged in here in a while... so, a belated Welcome Back!
Member #03
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

How you doing Mike. A lot of the old crowd went to facebook. :?
"Knowledge is Power"

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”