An interesting 330 - what's up with the sticker on the head?

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

electrofaro

Re: An interesting 330 - what's up with the sticker on the head?

Post by electrofaro »

Interesting, do you know, Forrest, if later years do have another way of displaying the s/n? I'm not familiar at all with any Ric amps, the only ones I ever saw were at Bert's!
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
fabandgear

Post by fabandgear »

Wildberry wrote:Interesting, do you know, Forrest, if later years do have another way of displaying the s/n? I'm not familiar at all with any Ric amps, the only ones I ever saw were at Bert's!
I'm not sure, Werner, but all of the Transonic speaker cabinets I've seen have a high-speed nomenclature plate attached to them. Does anyone know if the combo model Transonics have this plate, or a serial number sticker?
Attachments
$(KGrHqZ,!jYE3LbCZpJhBN3ZUHUtlQ~~_3.jpg
"When I kill, its on direct orders from Her Majesty's government." -007
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

The self contained amps used the same plate mounted essentially in the same location.
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

Back of Transonic 100 showing plate:
5-fullsize.jpg
IHeartRics

Post by IHeartRics »

johnhall wrote:
fabandgear wrote:Aha! Interesting sticker! Compare the 330's sticker with the one on the inside wooden base of my Transonic 220 head.
Yeah, I'd forgotten about that. I have the same cutoff portion on my Transonics as well.
Good way to use up inventory of stickers that were obviously decided against for guitars. It would be interesting to find out when the amps stopped having them, as you'll then probably know when they either ran out of the inventory or just decided to trash them.
Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed (and I mean that in an optimistic way).
http://www.reverbnation.com/thelowlies
http://www.myspace.com/thelowlies
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Its really interesting to see two Ricks like this!
t17137

Post by t17137 »

I posted a reply in this forum on Jan. 29 2023 but can’t find it in the system
Regards
T17137
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

t17137 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:33 pm I posted a reply in this forum on Jan. 29 2023 but can’t find it in the system
Regards
T17137
Hi Tibor, that post can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=843355#p843355
t17137

Post by t17137 »

Hi John the post you referred to was in 2015 but the one I was looking for was from Jan 2023 which I can’t find.
t17137

Post by t17137 »

Hi John
I posted some further thoughts around 6:00 pm on Feb 2, 2023 and it too has got lost for some reason. That is my second post that’s not made it to the forum. I hope I haven’t upset anybody there.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

t17137 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:31 am Hi John
I posted some further thoughts around 6:00 pm on Feb 2, 2023 and it too has got lost for some reason. That is my second post that’s not made it to the forum. I hope I haven’t upset anybody there.
Are you sure you actually hit submit?
t17137

Post by t17137 »

Yes, of course I hit submit. The message was displayed in my sent box and yet when I logged out and logged back a little while later the message was no longer there.
Strange, I hope I wasn’t being censored for expressing my honest opinions in a polite manner.
I hope John Simmons can respond.
maxwell

Post by maxwell »

You know, it seems to me, reading "sent box" that you were in the private messaging system... and not creating or replying to a post here on this (or some other) discussion page.

Near the top left of each page (you must be logged in) is a "Quick Links" link. Click that and see options, to include "Your Posts." Assuming you are logged in as the same user/username as you were way back then, you should see your post. (I can see all of mine, going back years.)

If you come to a dead end, just start over; create a new thread or continue the old one. I think that once you figure this out, you'll see there was something really simple that went awry. I also think that if you really said something really offensive, you would have heard about it and maybe would have been band (sic, the universal guitar forum spelling). You're still here.
t17137

Post by t17137 »

Thank you very much for your help. Obviously I don’t really know my way around the system. By replying to the last person’s post in the forum and pressing submit I thought that is the way the system works. Going to quick links and posting there I thought was only for new topics.
maxwell

Post by maxwell »

Today was my first visit to "Quick Links," just looking in to see what it offered.

The "New Topic" link can only be found on each sub-forum page, like this one: "Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmions" Sometimes, like in this case, it's not at the top of the page.

Some of these sub-forums are not really (any longer?) moderated by the person who's name is attached to the sub-forum. I really doubt John Simmons even saw your post. (e.g., Whose Glen Lambert?) The only guy I know of is the main administrator here. Check this:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1047

Well, if this thread is the one you were replying to, I'd say restart the discussion by replying (via quote, for context) / posting what you posted in your missing posts right here and now. Just post it, log out, then access the thread immediately and see if your post still there. Nothing can disappear in 10 seconds. Anyway, maybe your post will liven things up here!

PS - We had a new guy asking for information/help a few months ago, and then after he got it, he called us all suckers (or something like that) for owning Rickenbacker guitars. You couldn't have said anything that bad....

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”