Kauffman Vibrola Revisited (reissue)

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

Old Rickenbackers

Re: Kauffman Vibrola Revisited (reissue)

Post by Old Rickenbackers »

abluesky wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:59 pm Ok, I will admit straight up that I am still a naive newbee relative to this forum (even though I've been a member for a couple years). EIther way, a very special c58 325 (mkII) made it's way to the home just this week. Opened the case, played a couple chords and then went to the arm and found it wouldn't really operate (at all). So I added a little more pressure to the custom arm and watch the strings shift up and fall out of tune. The movement was so tight that I surely felt something was a wrong (tension, etc) with the reissued vibrola.

I then found the "The Kauffman Curse" thread.

Bottom line, has anyone had any success in loosening/working the poor tension and action with this assembly? Should I simply just give it up? I am not looking for Van Halen action...just a little color. Ironically, my original Kauffman assembly off my Gibson archtop works beautifully.

Thanks for any advice.
Chris Evans
Hey AB,

If for any reason, you or any other interested parties on this thread, want to sell your complete Kaufmann Vibrolo assembly, whether it's to perform Lennon mods or any other reason, I'll certainly make it worth your while to sell it, Thanks Warren.
DSCF1681.JPG
DSCF1680.JPG

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”