Possible Rickenbacker tube amp chassis

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

dkevin

Possible Rickenbacker tube amp chassis

Post by dkevin »

Hello,
I have an opportunity to purchase what I believe to be an early Rickenbacker tube amp chassis. There is no cabinet or speaker. I am told that it came from an amp in case. The chassis has no markings or controls. It has 4 tubes and a Hadley upright power transformer. I will attach several pictures for id purposes. I believe it might be a model 59 amp chassis but it lacks the V-shaped cutout for the speaker cone. If the description and pictures ring a bell, please let me know what you think this amp might be. Thank you for your help!

dkevin
Rickenbacker tube amp PT cropped.jpg
Rickenbacker tube amp chassis cropped.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible Rickenbacker tube amp chassis

Post by admin »

Dwight: How about some more photos showing all sides? Very good question. Welcome to the RRF.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
dkevin

Post by dkevin »

This is my only remaining picture of the chassis. It is black crinkle paint with no pots or fuses and it lacks the Rickenbacker V-shaped cutout for installation into a cabinet with and 8" speaker. It is unusual also because all 4 tube sockets are located together- on the same side.
3.jpg
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Welcome! Have you checked out this site yet?
http://jzu.free.fr/rick/amp/index.html
dkevin

Post by dkevin »

Yes, I have it bookmarked. I am wondering if it might actually be a 1938-41 Dickerson amp chassis. There are similarities between it and the M.O.T.S. amps of the Dickerson (pre-Magnatone) era.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”