Replacing a blender with a push-pull

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

saboteur

Replacing a blender with a push-pull

Post by saboteur »

Hi, guys.
Making a treble bleed with a 0.1nf cap only I still tried 4.7nf and I found it very nice, strat-ish sounding when playing with a neck pickup alone.
So I'd like to have them both and I bought a push-pull pot for that. But when I replaced an original pot with a push-pull one I found that it works
as if there were no caps at all. What did I do wrong? Here I drew my guitar's wiring and how I wired a push-pull for it. Check it out for errors, please:
my guitar's wiring.jpg
Dom

Re: Replacing a blender with a push-pull

Post by Dom »

Samsonite! I was way off.
maxwell

Post by maxwell »

Unfortunately, I'm not too swift with this electronics stuff, despite slaving over and experimenting/reworking my 325v59 wiring.... Well, anyway, all I could do is compare your schematic with the hand-drawn schematic of my 330. I'm assuming the cap wired on the mixer pot is correct and that the push-pull pot would be wired and wired in correctly.... So the only thing that does not jive with my schematic (the actual wiring of my 330) is the connection of the output jack wires. On my 330 the wires are connected to the Bridge/Treble volume pot (instead of the Neck/Bass volume pot).

Well, there are two or three guys here that build this stuff and can do it in their sleep. Just keep checking back....
Tubwompus

Post by Tubwompus »

My luthier bud installed a push-pull circuit in both of my 350v63’s (6 & 12) that removes the middle pickup from the circuit when it’s pushed in but still blends the neck and bridge pu’s. When it’s out, the guitar behaves like normal. The mid pu definitely adds a little bit of “curl”, I’ve noticed. I don’t like it wide open, though. Just gives it a midrange “honk”.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”