Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ratso

Post by ratso »

Nice fins Paul!
aristeas
Veteran RRF member

Post by aristeas »

I played a Maton 12-string recently, accoustically - no amp. It played beautifully, very smooth and a narrow neck that didn't cramp my big mitts for room. It may be a longer scale, similar to a Str*t. It's a very nice guitar, but compared to a Ric.. Well, when you can have Champagne why would you drink Cider?
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

It probably wouldn't be cider downunda, Lee. It'd be BEE-YAH. Foster's, most likely...Image
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
longhouse
Advanced Member

Post by longhouse »

It would Coop or V.B. likely.
Fosters = Australian for goat p*ss. Image
Shaking the floor of Heaven
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Goat puss? Yecchhh!

VB? You can tell I've never been DU.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
aristeas
Veteran RRF member

Post by aristeas »

Actually I am in Oz, and it would be Guinness - Australian beer is not worth throwing up.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Dead right, Lee.

Guiness or a nice Cold Boddingtons. I usually go for Cooper's sparkling - at least you've got something to chew on at the same time!!

Woke up in a cold sweat last night, Paul. Realised that the chords I posted were 'Love Potion No. 9'. Silly d***head me!!

Re: the new arrival, I chickened out yesterday and took the 330 to a local dealer (with my tail between my legs - I'd been sniffing around there but didn't buy the Ric from them) and asked their techo to set it up for me - if they stuff it up at least I can take it back! Told him I wanted the action low and soft - he knew exactly what I was saying - imagine that!! Should have it back Monday night. Hopefully two days without the new baby will be worth it (and the cost, of course!!)

Cheers (hic!)
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Dear Hic:

Better tell that techo to lock up his power drill: NO EXTRA HOLES! If it's done right, you'll be able to ring a Cdim by merely breathing your Boddington fumes onto it.
― Kurt Vonnegut
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Now that would be great! I'm sure I could play a lot better if I didn't have to use those silly finger things!

He puts new holes in my guitar??!! I'd punch his teeth so far down his throat he'd have to stick his toothbrush somewere else to clean 'em. Mind you, I'm not a violent person by nature!!

Cheers
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I'm picking it up tonight and I'm assured that there are no extra features!

Will report back on the setup.

Cheers
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

It's back and it's brilliant!! Action's nice and low and feels very smooth. Best 60 bucks I ever spent (well........). I just need to spend some time getting used to the heavier gauge strings (Elixir 9 lights they ain't!!) and do something about the 'sticky' neck.

I'm sick of waiting for my daughter to bring back my camera USB cable so I'll buy a new one tonight and see if I can post some pics.

Why the hell can't manufacturers ever standardize on things? I've got 3 devices that hook up to a USB port on the computer and all 3 have a different source connector.

#@&%*^#!!!!!

Cheers
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Well, no teeth down the throat, Howard's well-satisfied, had a coupla bee-yahs, gotta get that friggin USB!

My DSC717F Sony digital has a USB cable that Sony parts doesn't even carry (try to find it online). I finally got a replacement by less-that-ethical means. NOTHING else fits.
― Kurt Vonnegut
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I'm shocked, Paul!! Less than ethical? (asks he who spends hours on the internet during working hours!!)

Cheers
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Finally some pics!!

Not very good but they'll do for the moment.

The Ric:

The whole shootin' match:

American Strat, Yamaha APX5A electric acoustic, Rickenbacker 330, Brian Moore i8-1000. Korg AX1500G effects unit in front.

Soon as I work out how to use the Haemorrhoid digital properly I'll post some better ones.

By the way, Paul - the header card on the cable I purchased lists the camera brands and models it suits. Uncludes 'Sony DSC-717F'! Twenty bucks at the local equivalent of Tandy (Radio Shack).

Cheers!
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Double post. Sorry

...Dean
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”