Pink Floyd's "Money" bass solo tab

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

To be honest, Bob, I don't think I really need anything as powerful as something like that anyhow (I'm looking to rattle the windows, not smash them!!). I haven't got the greens yet anyway, so it's simply speculation on my part.

If I wasn't to look at vintage (and I'm not really leaning in that direction) I'd more than likely check out Warwick, Hartke and Roland (the latter two are pretty good value in bass amps, it seems).
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Haven't got that one, Nate. I've got to upgrade my PF collection from vinyl to CD and replace a damaged CD (Pulse) so it will be on my list.

It's nice to know that there are 'youngies' (sorry, 'whippernappers') who have an interest in Floyd. Don't know whether you've heard of 'The Australian Pink Floyd Show', but if you haven't, check out this site:

http://www.aussiefloyd.com/

I mail ordered the DVD and I reckon it's a stunner!! Do yourself a favour and get it. Hopefully they'll be touring here before I drop off my perch!

I know there's a Kiwi tribute band and I missed them when they were here earlier this year.
nattiep
Advanced Member

Post by nattiep »

I've heard of Aussie Floyd howard. They came to Buffalo and I found out 2 days before. I was a little upset that I didn't have the money to go. A friend of mine went and he said it was awesome.

I have a three disc Pulse set. Want that? First disc has 20 minutes of sound F/X just like it was in 94 (I suppose). Disc one is the first set. Disc two is set two and disc three are the encores and bonus tracks. Mix between the cassettes and the CD's.

I'm stuck on videos right now. I just ordered the DSoT video... I kinda have a thing for Rachel Fury (one of three background singers on the Delicate Sound tour. She's the one with the small "imperfection" between her front teeth.)... hehehe. I need to see her in action. I had an extended DSoT too. mix of Cd and Video tracks. My disc two got messed up and my dad in the sates has to make me another copy. "The Great Gig in the Sky" on the DSoT vido is better than the original IMHO. Rachel makes me shiver and she seems into it. Durga McBroom is perfect. The secong part of the song with her amazing. Margret Taylor can break glass with her high notes. Beats the hell out of the Pulse version. The first woman just screams, Durga is Durga, and the last one is boring.

E-mail me. Or don't if you're not a bootlegger. Peter, please excuse me if you don't approve of burning CDs.

Pics of Rachel. yeah the first one's big. I don't know how to resize it.
1976 Rickenbacker 4001
2011/05 Fender Standard Fretless Jazz Bass
2005/11 Fender Standard Jazz Bass
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I'll pass on the Pulse set, Nate. Thanks for the offer but I have a strong opinion on bootlegs and Asian copies.

BTW, I checked out both my DVD and TV and they both have auto NTSC/PAL switching, so I think I'm OK. I'll see if I can pick up a cheap NTSC disc and try it out. If it doesn't work, no great loss!

Rachel is a honey (the bigger the picture the better)!! I can't say I blame you for having a 'thing' for her (what might that 'thing' be, BTW? No... don't answer that!!) Image
nattiep
Advanced Member

Post by nattiep »

Glad I'm not alone with the love for Rachel. I dunno what the thing is exactly... Vioce? Nose? Space in teeth? See through dress on DSoT? Image
1976 Rickenbacker 4001
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

All of the above, maybe??
nattiep
Advanced Member

Post by nattiep »

Yeah. Image

I'm a person who likes imperfections. The big space in the teeth and the somewhat big nose clinched it for me. She's purdy... Nothing wrong with a see through dress on a cold night right?

I wonder what happened to her. I guess she dissapeard in like '95. Does she know how many fans she has?

I have a legit copy of DSoT on CD... want that? I'll make myself another. The thing that bothers me about that concert is Rachel's harmony on "Comfortably Numb" was cut out and Sam Brown (The blonde woman on Pulse. She sings Rachel's part on "The Great Gig in the Sky" and botches it. Screaming doesn't count!!!) overdubbed her voice. Was she too whiney sounding? Can she not harmonize? Must be real on the vid though.

Have you noticed that a few of the threads with both of us just turn into a conversation?

Now when is that video gonna get here?

Hey cool! Look what I found!
http://sdjes.o-f.com/rachel/fury.html
Adding to favorites... looks like she got her teeth fixed in the first one.
1976 Rickenbacker 4001
nattiep
Advanced Member

Post by nattiep »

Enough pics for ya? Here's a good one from that site.
1976 Rickenbacker 4001
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

To continue the conversation......

I'm gonna go hunting tonight for some Floyd CDs and DVDs so I'll see what comes out of that.

If nothing does and you don't mind losing the CD, Nate, I'll take it off your hands. Just tell me how much and how to pay and we'll sort something out.

Pity about the quality of most of the shots - the one in the black dress (top middle) is a corker! Image
nattiep
Advanced Member

Post by nattiep »

I love that pic too. Now I have even more reasons to think she's "purdy". Image

Corker? What the hell? I need to learn the slang quick.

Hell, you're such a nice guy I'll just give them to you. Shipping fees but other then that they're free. They're not mint condition so you won't have to pay for them like they're new CDs. Both have Copyright 1988 CBS records on them. They're that old? Wow. Image

There is a making of Dark Side of the Moon DVD. Pompeii. The Wall movie. Roger Waters In the Flesh concert. VHS has DSoT and Pulse. No Pulse DVD yet. I guess DSoT is too much of a joke to put on DVD. All I know of for offical movies.
1976 Rickenbacker 4001
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Not interested in VHS, Nate. I've got Pulse on VHS and the audio is ****! Got The Wall and Pompeii. I'll let you know what I find. I've also got Dave Gilmour at the Royal Festival Hall - lots of acoustic and laid back stuff (some really nice lap steel stuff, too). The bass guy (double bass that is) is a Columbian and he's a cool player.

Corker, cracker, stunner, rip-snorter, bottler..... get my drift?
nattiep
Advanced Member

Post by nattiep »

Um... no. Not yet. You calling her white? (Cracker)

Oh yeah I forgot about that DVD. I love how Dave does Shine On with just an acoustic. The background section is awesome. So many people... no Rachel though. Image

I'm just buying DSoT on tape because that is all it is on, sadly.

Tell me what you find or don't find.
1976 Rickenbacker 4001
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

One out of the box, A grade.... does "a really great photograph" clear it up for you? Sorry, mate... just trying out some stuff on you!!
nattiep
Advanced Member

Post by nattiep »

Oooh, I get it now. C'mon, give me a break. I'm American. You think she's "Purdy" too huh?
Here's a bunch of other idiots who do too.

http://www.pinkfloydfan.net/showthread.php?t=609
**** for pics... couple things of good info.

I'll remember those words for future use. Image

My dad used to say you could stick a pencil between her teeth...
1976 Rickenbacker 4001
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Hmmmm.... seems like she and Dave may have got it together at some stage. No fair!!!

My Dad would have said "she could eat a cob of corn and leave every second row!!" Image

There are lots of other things I could say but not now, not here......

Return to “On Stage”