Fender Tube Reverb Unit Versus Digital Options

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That can sometimes be a problem in the spring.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

I'll echo that..
Reverb set to stun !!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You must have a lot on your plate then.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Tubeuler dude!
Reverb set to stun !!
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

One thing that is useful with the outboard reverb units is that you can use them to push the front of your amp a bit and get alittle more overdrive in your tone....say if you're playing blues for example. I know a guy who uses a Premier outboard reverb unit from the 60's. When it works, it sound spretty good, but its very noisy (hum) and always is breaking.....
sir_andrew_of_left_coast
Veteran RRF member

Post by sir_andrew_of_left_coast »

A couple of years ago, I was looking on eBay for a Reverberato... or something like it (i.e., a tube-driven reverb/vibrato unit). I, too, had heard or read that they had been discontinued.

Ended up getting an amp. ;-P

But, heck... it was cheaper than the Reverberato!
Member #03
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Greg: Thanks, yet another advantage of the stand alone reverb unit.

Andrew: The listing is from 2004, so the likelihood of purchasing a Reverberato may be approaching zero.

George: I hear you .. I hear you .. I hear you .. ride the wild surf

kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

I've owned and resold a couple of Reveberatos (why do I want to write Reverburrito?) The build quality is top line but I like the sound of a Fender unit new or old better. Hold on Peter let me take out these earplugs so I can hear ya...hmmm that didn't work..maybe we SHOULD turn down a bit....
Reverb set to stun !!
sir_andrew_of_left_coast
Veteran RRF member

Member #03
sir_andrew_of_left_coast
Veteran RRF member

George:

Based on the amp models that Victoria makes, I would've thought the reverb on their Reverburrito was a Fender clone... or something fairly close to it. How does it differ in sound from a Fender?
Member #03
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Andrew...smoother and less springy...for many that would be a good thing but not for me as imo the reverb effect is less pronounced..btw: I believe in an earlier post I said the tremolo circuit was patterned after the blackface circuit...oops..brownface...again prefer the blackface but..the trem circuit in the Vickey is really nice...
Reverb set to stun !!
sir_andrew_of_left_coast
Veteran RRF member

Thanks for the explanation, George.
Member #03
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Andrew: Thanks for finding the Reververato. Never say never.

George: You had this unit and gave it up, because?

kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Peter...At the time I bought the Reverberato, I was playing mostly blues through a Victoria Bandmaster...I decided I wanted some reverb so bought one....it was a nice setup but as I started to get back into instrumental surf I kept tight in the curl and went to Fender blackface amps etc.
Reverb set to stun !!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is no taming you, George. What is your favourite surf song, by the way?

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”