Epiphone EB-O

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

I prefer the eb3 ... more tonal variety ...
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

They are actually 3's. Notice the bridge pickup....My bad..
rictified

Post by rictified »

Charlie, the two on the right are EB-3's. The EB-0 has been modded with a different pickup or else it's not a model I'm familiar with. I agree EB-3's have a much better tonal variety. Those Acoustics have no top end at all. What a combination, An EB-0 and an acoustic 360, talk about an earthquake.
The original neck pickups were wound to something like 25-27K, all boom, no top end at all.
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

So Bob, are you saying stay away from the high ohm pups? Stick to around 11 or so?
rictified

Post by rictified »

No mine is stock Charlie, I just play it with both pickups on which tames it considerably. It's actually a very clear articulate bass with both on, it's position #3 with the varitone switch. I just avoid playing in it pos #1 which is the neck alone. The varitone is a 4 position switch most of them had, #1 is neck alone, #2 is bridge alone, #3 is both and #4 is neck alone again but with a coil, it's pretty useless to me. I almost always use both. EB-3's got a bad rap, undeserved in my opinion, I like Gibson basses, I also have a new Gibson Thunderbird which really sounds and plays great, pretty expensive but worth it to me.
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

My EBO experiment is over. I just traded it to a fellow for a Musicman clone. I am saving pennies for an EB3, which is really what I wanted in the first place.
rictified

Post by rictified »

Get a real one Charlie, I've played the Epiphone copies and the old Gibsons are much better quality IMHO. I paid 1600.00 for a nice all original slothead.

Return to “The Low End”