Tone.... Don't lose your calluses!

Putting music theory into practice
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Re: Tone.... Don't lose your calluses!

Post by jingle_jangle »

Besides the sonic penalties sometimes heard when your fingernails grow too long, is the possibility of harming the fretboard finish, especially in first position. This varnish is only about .007" (.15mm) and, once the film is breached mechanically (as with worn nails), the blemish opens up rapidly.

So, keep 'em clipped!
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Oh, I clipped 'em today, before I picked up the guitar again! Sounded a little better today, although my fingertips are still a bit tender.... I need to keep at it every day for a while now, to build up those calluses again.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Next week Paul will be discussing how to varnish ones toes and every alternate Wed he will be covering back Waxing.

Now you can show the wife :wink:
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

scotty wrote:Next week Paul will be discussing how to varnish ones toes and every alternate Wed he will be covering back Waxing.

Now you can show the wife :wink:
Where does the Zymol come in?
scotty

Post by scotty »

See Pauls head.
Ok Ok I know now Paul that im crossing the border im sure ill pay sometime soon but until that day.Smile and the world smiles too :mrgreen:
P.S Seemingly theres some toss pot in Rickenbacker Recordings By RickResource Forum Members called Scotty thats a easy target :roll:
Last edited by scotty on Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

scotty wrote:
See Pauls head.
Ok Ok I know now Paul that im crossing the border im sure ill pay sometime soon but until that day.Smile and the world smiles too :mrgreen:
Now you are in for it. :wink:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
scotty

Post by scotty »

Bring it on
( but be gentle) :lol:
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Haha.... After a few days of intense guitar playing (1-2 hours a day), and getting back into some recording today, my calluses are restored! After playing my bass some, they are pretty much back to normal.... :mrgreen: And they're gonna stay that way! I'm gonna work on my recording project very intensely for the next couple of weeks until it's done. It feels great to get my fingers back in shape again!

Now if I could just get the rest of me in beter shape! :shock:
rickenmetal

Post by rickenmetal »

Playing bass doesn't give me thick calusses, heavy string bending and power chords do though, up to calusses with string indentations. I need to play more, my fingertips look normal. :oops:

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”