Teaching Excellence Award

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
shamustwin

Re: Teaching Excellence Award

Post by shamustwin »

Oh, a wise guy! :D

Congratulations, Peter.
A good teacher makes a world of difference.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Well done, Peter! Congratulations.
johneek
Advanced Member

Post by johneek »

admin wrote:Thanks Conlan. Love Dad :o

Thanks everyone. It is hard to hide these things with the net and a son with a computer.
Peter, the fact that you would tend to hide it, and your son couldn't wait to brag pretty much tells the whole story. Thanks for allowing all of us to share, not only in this accomplishment, but also in who you are.
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Welcome Conlan & thanks for posting!

Congratulations Peter.

There is no higher award than being recognized for your work. Obviously, your students are very lucky.

My son just finished his first year of Pre-med, he is majoring in Psychology. When I asked him WHY he wanted to major in Psychology, he said "hey dad, just look at our family. If our family is ANY indication of the general population, I'll clean up"! :roll:

NOW we know why your are SUCH a good moderator!

Teachers like yourself are a precious commodity. My daughter is Bi-Polar, so as a father, I can appreciate people such as yourself.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

What else to say? Congratulations Peter on some well deserved recognition! Cheers JD
scotty

Post by scotty »

Congrats Peter.Well done!! :D
dean712
Intermediate Member

Post by dean712 »

Congratulations, Peter. We've known you are an excellent Forum administrator, and it's nice to see that you are an excellent teacher as well!
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

Congratulations Peter.

Very much deserved.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Hi Conlan,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around here and post some more. You are obviously very proud of your father on many levels.

I have had the good fortune throughout my life through no particular talent of my own, to shake hands and brush shoulders with many of the luminaries who govern this nation of ours. I have also met many individuals on the political and world stage that will be remembered in some historical context. Your father however, is a man that I hold in the highest esteem as I believe (probably as you do), that he is a special person. Martin Luther Kings commented in a speech that "the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy"

I believe that your father has quietly and efficiently exhibited qualities that are exemplary whilst administering this board. As he has been quietly going about his business, his actions have only hinted at his academic knowledge, strength of character and resolve.

I am proud to be able to say that I know your father as well as one can know a person through this particular medium and I look forward to the day when I might be able to shake his hand in person. For me that would be a great pleasure and an honour.

Congratulations by the way Peter.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Congratulations, Peter! Ands thanks, Conlan, for posting! :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
Conlan

Post by Conlan »

Thanks a lot everybody for all the kind words! I'm sure he appreciates it greatly! It's nice to hear that you think so kindly of my father as I do, well I guess that goes to show that in the end the love you make is the love you take!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Conlan and to all who have been so kind.

I continue to be taken with the generosity shown here.

This was certainly a day in the life for me.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

I just found this thread. (thats me, a day late and a dollar short). :?

Congrats Peter, sounds like quite an honor.

Welcome to the fold Conlan... :D
"Knowledge is Power"
bottom4
Veteran RRF member

Post by bottom4 »

This is not surprising at all!

Congrats Prof Peter!
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

Congratulations! I am a bit more than a day late and a dollar short, but being recognized for teaching is a difficult thing to do.. it truly shows what a superior job you must be doing. I also does not surprise me you seem to have that absolute dedication to what ever you do that makes all of your endeavors first rate. I apologize for my late arrival to this thread..but you can never be to late to say Congratulations!

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”