RickResource 2008 CD1 Shipped Today July2/08

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: RickResource 2008 CD1 Shipped Today July2/08

Post by jdogric12 »

Got mine, thanks! Wow, I sound totally different now.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

steverok wrote:Shamus Twins rule ! Hey, can somebody post the user names of these artists? I see the names of the artists or bands are on the CD, but not their Ric handle. That would help attach the song to the RRF member.
This thread should help some:
http://www.rickresource.com/phpBB3/view ... 4&t=356098
byu
Intermediate Member

Post by byu »

Love this CD. Very listenable & accessible which is no small feat for a diverse set of music. Tony did a fantastic job of mastering and making it all sound cohesive despite coming from so many recording formats & sources. Thanks to all involved. It will be in heavy rotation in my car changer while commuting.
myfretless

Post by myfretless »

I received my copies today. Congrats on a great job!

I love that there is a healthy mix of catchy pop and cool weirdness.

I second J-Dog's comments. I had totally forgotten about my song and my latest CDs and music sound totally different now. I am glad and grateful my song is on there. I wrote it about and for my son and it reminds me of him a couple years back when I wrote that.

I don't even have that 360VP anymore that I wrote and recorded that song with. My main axe now is my 660 and of course my 4003.

Are the Rampant Carnivores still together?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Brad, your song on the forum CD sounds like a band called Superdude. Check them out if you can find their stuff. Might be difficult, I don't know. They were on the lower tier of college radio in 1996 last I knew.
squirefan01
Intermediate Member

Post by squirefan01 »

I was thrilled to get mine yesterday. I'm listening to it now. You all sound fantastic! I really enjoy the musical vocal style of the singer on "Fragile Pieces". I am not much of a "lyrics" guy, so I like it when the voice sounds like a nice melodic instrument (that's part of what drew me to Yes I guess).

I imported the CD into iTunes and since there was no global database listing for it I entered one, so you may see it if you try to import to iTunes as well.

Thanks to all!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

The Rampant Carnivores have moved on, Brad. The bass player decided to give it away so Tony and Kit formed a new outfit called "The Great British Blues Band".

They have a MySpace site if you'd like to know more.

Cheers.......... H
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Hey Brad....

I thought you'd want to know.... My 11-year-old son has commandeered one of my copies of the CD, and your song is his favorite--he had it repeating over and over while he was getting ready for day camp this morning!

I just love hearing all of the different styles of music that people are doing with their Rics.... this is so fun! :D
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

*** WHEW! ***

The orders are keeping me busy!

75 have sold thus far, so get on it now if you want a CD from this first batch! If the orders keep coming and surpass 100 by a fair amount, we may do a 2nd pressing. If it comes to that, I'm sure Peter will make the final call and post an announcement.
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Perhaps each artist can post info on their song in an individual thread for each song.
I'd like to know something more about each song.
Forumites could ask questions or comment as well. The CD is great fun to listen to, I've heard it through at least four times already. Good stuff!
steverok
Intermediate Member

Post by steverok »

shamustwin wrote:Perhaps each artist can post info on their song in an individual thread for each song.
I'd like to know something more about each song.
Forumites could ask questions or comment as well. The CD is great fun to listen to, I've heard it through at least four times already. Good stuff!
This is a cool idea. I was also thinking it would be fun to write a review of the CD when I can type and listen at the same time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mark: You have taken shipping to new levels. Thanks for your prompt attention to these orders.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
captsandwich
Intermediate Member

Post by captsandwich »

Since I don't have a paypal account, I had a friend order a couple for me.
Have you shipped any to a name you didn't recognize in Toronto?
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

My CDs arrived today. I'm tired, work's knocking me out and I'm going to bed.

However, tomorrow's a new day and I have a long drive to see a client so I reckon the RRF CD1 will get a hammering all the way there and back!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Many thanks again to Tony, Gary, Mark, Peter and anybody else who's had a hand (or even finger) in this. Of course, all the artists too! :D
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Greg: Yes! Also, one does not need a Pay Pal account to order this CD.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”