SERF BOOKING INFORMATION & DATES! Feb 27, 28 & March 1

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
dr_bob
RRF Consultant

Re: SERF BOOKING INFORMATION & DATES! Feb 27, 28 & March 1

Post by dr_bob »

Thanks Tony. My "what gives?" was an attempt at a little humor and directed to other Forum members, not you guys. I hope I didn't come off as ungrateful. You and Jason are working hard to make this happen.

Sorry to hear about your computer issues, Jason. For those of us who live on computers hearing "I had to rebuild my computer" is like hearing "I lost all of important papers in a storm." Hope you were able to save your files.
The world is made of stories not atoms and every guitar has a story.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Thankfully I did back up all files a few days ago, in anticipation of this. And it was to install WinSP2, not any kind of crash thing. My IE wouldn't work for the last year, but needed it to install Norton AV. In order to reinstall IE, I needed SP2. To get SP2, I needed IE. I love Microsoft. I really do. :|
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jdogric12aolcom wrote:Thankfully I did back up all files a few days ago, in anticipation of this. And it was to install WinSP2, not any kind of crash thing. My IE wouldn't work for the last year, but needed it to install Norton AV. In order to reinstall IE, I needed SP2. To get SP2, I needed IE. I love Microsoft. I really do. :|
Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac :wink: Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac :mrgreen: Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac 8) Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac :lol: Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac :twisted: Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac 8)
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

That Mac of yours has a serious case of hiccups!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I actually did just get a Mac G5 from a friend who upgraded his already kick-arse studio. That's the next phase, switching over to the Mac for the studio and keeping the PC for internet, forum, etc.
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

dr_bob wrote:Thanks Tony. My "what gives?" was an attempt at a little humor and directed to other Forum members, not you guys. I hope I didn't come off as ungrateful. You and Jason are working hard to make this happen.

Sorry to hear about your computer issues, Jason. For those of us who live on computers hearing "I had to rebuild my computer" is like hearing "I lost all of important papers in a storm." Hope you were able to save your files.
Not at all Bob, I'm trying to keep everyone informed as much as possible without posting "ideas", I've discovered that will make people nutty! :wink:

There is a group of people who are considering going to Epcot at Disney on the Monday following the confluence, and I hear rumors about a POST confluence BBQ & pool party..............AT MY HOUSE? :wink: :shock: :lol:
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

toga... toga... TOGA!!! TOGA!!!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Bump - renegotiating the contract for our ten confirmed parties instead of fifteen.

We are planning some neat stuff like master classes, jams, performances, and who knows what else?....
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Sorry, we haven't booked yet so make it 11!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I'm just talking about people who have confirmed with me and Tony. You are included in the "yes"es Jeff. We've got a lot of "maybe"s, but "maybe"s don't get stuck with a $1500 bill if they convert to "no"s!!! :shock: I am hopeful most of them will convert to yeses but I've got to map every possibility financially and be prepared for any situation.

Reserving less than the originally estimated 15 suites for 2 nights each will raise the price of the conference room, so I'm still waiting on a re-calculated contract from the hotel before we proceed.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I just spoke to my hotel contact. I should have the revised contract today, will send it back signed right away, and wil be able to provide the Reservation ID Code so you all can start booking your suites! Cheers, J
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

8)
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Great news. The contract is signed and I will have a reservation code for everyone on Friday morning! It's official, SERF's up!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Ok, we're good! All set. Feel free to go ahead and book your suite for SERF. Just say you're with "South Eastern Rickenbacker Fest" and you'll get our special rate, detailed earlier in this thread. Contact me with any questions, comments, snide remarks. Cheers, JD

http://www.buenavistasuites.com

1-800-537-7737
dr_bob
RRF Consultant

Post by dr_bob »

Jason

Thanks for the work and congratulations on your new purchase (I've been following your thread in the For Sale section).

I have just made a reservation at the hotel. No problems.
The world is made of stories not atoms and every guitar has a story.

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”