Fender Custom Vibrolux

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

JakeK
RRF Consultant

Re: Fender Custom Vibrolux

Post by JakeK »

Mr. Rusting: Welcome aboard, and thanks for the comparison.

I went out to IVG, and tried both amps out with a Ric 370/6. They both are great, but I have to say, I'm more partial to the Deluxe Reverb. Even my mom was pleased with the Deluxe's tone. "They sound so clean and pretty," she said, "I could have sworn I was listening to the records!"

So, if I were to get a new amp for Christmas (and it's more than likely I will!), I'd have to side with the Deluxe Reverb. It nails all the tones and has a clean, glassy goodness that I can't explain.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

CrestingWave

Post by CrestingWave »

JakeK wrote:Mr. Rusting: Welcome aboard, and thanks for the comparison.

I went out to IVG, and tried both amps out with a Ric 370/6. They both are great, but I have to say, I'm more partial to the Deluxe Reverb. Even my mom was pleased with the Deluxe's tone. "They sound so clean and pretty," she said, "I could have sworn I was listening to the records!"

So, if I were to get a new amp for Christmas (and it's more than likely I will!), I'd have to side with the Deluxe Reverb. It nails all the tones and has a clean, glassy goodness that I can't explain.
Thanks for the welcome, Jake. I am glad you like the DR-RI. I owned one for a couple of years, and they ARE very "Ric friendly," to say the least. The one that I owned originally came equipped with an Eminence speaker, which was "okay". But, when I replaced it with a Weber VST speaker, the amp really came to life. The new DR-RI amps are now equipped with a Jensen speaker, which is far superior to the Eminence from what I have heard.

I hope the amp makes it into your hands for Christmas. Call me "old school," but to me Rics and meant to be played on Fender or Vox tube amps.

Take care,

JR
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

It also saves an additonal $10. From the MF site:
Note: Due to size and/or weight, shipping is an additional $9.99 on top of the normal shipping cost.*
Also I am giving a choice of speakers the stock Jensen C12K or a Jensen P12R alnico speaker.
The P12R is the stock speaker in the Pro Reverb RI.
"The best things in life aren't things."
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

Jake, I recently had some very pleasant dealings with Ken. I didn't buy the DRRI that he is selling because I decided to keep my SFDR. Instead, I bought the Marshall JCM TSL60 head.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”