Smiling Face Down

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
paologregorio

Re: Smiling Face Down

Post by paologregorio »

Tonight's gig is at the Que Sera Club in Long Beach. Should be fun. We're having some fancy shots taken, and possibly some footage for a video shot. :D
que20.jpg
I'm going for the black skinny lapel jacket, black shirt look, and I'm having trouble deciding what color tie to wear:

-RED to match "Big Red", but I have no matching pocket scarf, and it really only goes with the red guitar, so I'd have to play "Big Red" for sure...or else the Silver Jet.

-Silver grey for which I do have a matching pocket scarf, and though it looks flashy, it's also more neutral, so I could wear that and play my RED, AZ Blue, or TURquoise WB, as well as the Silver Jet, if I like.

Decisions, Decisions. :twisted: :lol:

Full report to follow, depending on how much I remember, along with pics as they become available!

Oh, and by the way, I know I've mentioned it multiple times already, but We're having a miniconfluence/jam session next month, on Saturday the 14th from noon to 8 PM. Read all about it here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=387145
Last edited by paologregorio on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

You're a star no matter what you wear, Paul. Knock 'em dead tonight! :D
All I wanna do is rock!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Hey keep an eye on Big Red...........make sure she follows you home. :D As we say in the biz..............break a leg Paul. Go get 'em.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Knock 'en dead, Paul! 8)

Night Of The Living Dead! :lol:
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

jps wrote:Knock 'en dead, Paul! 8)

Night Of The Living Dead! :lol:
Thanks. We knocked `em dead. I'm tired from all the jumping around. Both guitars made it home safe and sound. It was a very hot stage; I think I'm going to stick blue ice packs inside the pockets of my suit jacket the next time I wear one at a show!

More later; time for some shuteye! :D
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Hmm, been awhile since I posted here. Never did get those pics from our photographer. Bummer!

Anyway, for all you local So. Cal forumites, we're playing a big event at Coconuts in Capistrano Beach; the 2009 Hell on Wheels Rally. Hot Rods, motorcycles, bands, booze, and beauties!

The fun starts at 3PM, this Saturday the 20th. The event is F R E E ! ! !

Smiling face down plays at 5:30.
HOW 09 Rally flyer.jpg
HOW 09 Beauties flyer.jpg
The first flyer is a bit small so here is the address and a couple of links:

Coconuts
34235 Doheny Park Rd
Dana Point, CA 92624
(949) 248-2448

http://www.smilingfacedown.com/how/
Last edited by paologregorio on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Oh, it's on Saturday. Well have fun, Paul, and I hope you bring back some pics :roll: :wink: :lol:
All I wanna do is rock!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Here's a link to some of the hot rod, motorcycle, and beauty pageant shots taken by the Brittown movie guys Scott and Zak. Funny how they took photos of everthing except the bands...hmm, maybe we should have worn paper bags on our heads. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://oneworldstudios.blogspot.com/200 ... koots.html

We should have a video trailer for the upcoming DVD release in a few weeks. I will post here when it's released. :)
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Hi all,

The DVD trailer I mentioned in my previous post is only about a minute long, but here it is:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ohy8LWZGk0w&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ohy8LWZGk0w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Here's a link to a rough cut of a full length music video for one of our new songs. We're going to edit and shoot some more "storyline" footage: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... 6941908588

The prominent guitars on the song are my 365 WB "Big Red", and my 381/12, with little or no jangle between them, so there's one more counterexample to the "Ricks can't rock", and "Ricks are only good for rhythm" claims; this is more a pop than rock type song, but the guitars have some crunch and overdrive, and though there's not any soloing, the main hooky parts are definitely riffy.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

That's an incredibly brilliant song Paul and the video really does it justice. Great job all around by all concerned. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

[quote="paologregorio"

The prominent guitars on the song are my 365 WB "Big Red", and my 381/12, with little or no jangle between them, so there's one more counterexample to the "Ricks can't rock", and "Ricks are only good for rhythm" claims; this is more a pop than rock type song, but the guitars have some crunch and overdrive, and though there's not any soloing, the main hooky parts are definitely riffy.[/quote]

Very tasteful, rockin, riffs there Paul !
What's the name of that SFD tune ? Is it on the upcoming CD recording ?
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

8mileshigher wrote:Very tasteful, rockin, riffs there Paul !
What's the name of that SFD tune ? Is it on the upcoming CD recording ?
Hi Rich, thanks. :)

The name of the song is "My Desire", and it will be on the upcoming CD. :D
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Good job from all involved. The video fits the song perfectly. I can't wait to see the final version.
All I wanna do is rock!
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

Nice one Paul!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

kiramdear wrote:Good job from all involved. The video fits the song perfectly. I can't wait to see the final version.
Updated/Final video edit of our video for "My Desire"; it has new footage. The audio has been remixed as well. :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5jc6VlTXpl0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5jc6VlTXpl0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Return to “My Gig Forum”