RRF Rickenbacker Register Pricing Information

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
Doolin

Re: RRF Rickenbacker Register Pricing Information

Post by Doolin »

What a great resource. Thanks to everyone involved putting it together.
Jack
FretlessOnly
Advanced Member

Post by FretlessOnly »

Good job on this, thanks. I will say that some reconfiguration of categories might be considered. My April '73 4001FL shows up in a group for "late vintage" that goes from March '73 - Dec '79. I think we all know that a checkered binding/gap-toothed/toaster/early hi-gain '73 has little in common with a Dec '79 in terms of price. The FL probably throws a wrench in the works, but early '73 vs. late '79?
Can we have everything louder than everything else?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

John: This is just the beginning with no doubt many refinements to come. Your comments are appreciated.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

It's very easy to change that.
The more samples I get the easier it would be to get the exact "cutoff" time for 1973, it's not as simple as you'd think considering the fact that post march instruments didn't have the crushed MOP inlays.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
FretlessOnly
Advanced Member

Post by FretlessOnly »

Oh, I don't think it's simple at all. The full MOP inlays are just one feature of many (e.g., toaster to high-gain; 1/2 inch to 1 inch spacing, and on and on) that changed in the mid-70s, so where do you draw the lines for grouping? Consider the fretless option too. Mine is the third oldest in the register and we know that 4001FLs w/ checkered binding are rare, but they generally are in less demand, so it's hard to figure pricing.

But as I indicated, thanks for undertaking this; as with any such endeavor, more data will make it more useful and easier to parse into sections (and will be more work!).
Can we have everything louder than everything else?
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Lots of variables I'd imagine.

I just looked at the 4001CS and is shows the MAX at $5000.00.

The max I know of is $7200.00. I know this because I had to PROVE VALUE to my insurance company.
At the time, there was a CS on Ebay that sold for $5911.11 & $7200.00. I submitted those printouts to my insurance agent.

I HAVE COPIES to prove it to boot! :twisted:

The OCTOBER 1991 that sold for $5911.11 is #266/1000 and was SOLD BY BILLSBASSMENT on 9/8/2006. Tattoos6 was the BUYER!

The $7200.00 was #701/1000 on 3/26/2006 and the buyer was pjibass. It had MULTIPLE BIDDERS up to that number...I saved that as well! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It was RIGHT AROUND this time I was offered $10,000.00 for my CS and turned it down. :shock:

OK, OK....I'm OCD for CS models! :lol: :lol: :lol:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Well, the pricing info pretty much all comes from ebay. It gets collected when people submit CI instruments with the ebay item ID filled in. So, there's bound to be a lot of things missed, especially if it wasn't on ebay...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We are in the very early stages of gathering this pricing information and I have no doubt that there will be modifications to our system as time goes on. Excellent comment Tony.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jamfanman

Post by jamfanman »

excellent additon, haven't been around for a while due to work, thought it was something I had missed.
well done all involved. Should help to convince the 'old lady' that its OK to buy another Ric at some stage! :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tim: It was time well spent then. :)

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

I'm been looking through some of the instrument and I like register pricing information and then again, yet I do not. I have have seen some instruments that have not much of a sample size because of their rarity and have been given a value that I feel to be way off a real approximate value.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Joey:
No instrument was given any value, this is real market deals, items are worth only as much as people are willing to pay for them.
I agree that items with < 5 samples can obviously have the "wrong" value, but remember that this is not a "given value", this is an actual deal on eBay.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Our precision will increase as our sample size gets larger over the next few months. It is, however, a good start at what I believe will be a nice resource.

Rayomatic

Post by Rayomatic »

Very useful, thanks.
teeder

Post by teeder »

I like it!

Should we submit non-ebay data to be added?

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”