Order of Pedals

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

indianation65

Re: Order of Pedals

Post by indianation65 »

Sounds about right, but again, I always thought of the sound coming through the amplifier, therefore the pedal closest to the amp was "first" in the chain. Again, salt and pepper for taste.
An easy test for taste, set the chain, play one way, unplug both ends and reverse to see how different/alike is the sound; about to try...it's been a while. Oh man, I need to hurry and get offline, Pat Benatar's "love is a battlefield" is on VH1!

...wisdom
Indian Folklore and Wisdom—Love, Learn, Listen
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

All I use is a Fulltone Fulldrive, so it's pretty easy.
Chrome Aardvark

Post by Chrome Aardvark »

bartyclue wrote:Not sure if this is the right forum (Mod you can let me know if it isn't) but I am curious as to if a lot of you use effect pedals with your Ric's. I have a pedal board and I want to know if there is a preferred way to order the "chaining" of pedals.

I use:

Tuner
Flanger
Chorus
Delay
Compressor Enhancer

These are all bass pedals and are all made by Boss. I want to use better pedals but for now I am using Boss. Anybody have a suggestion on what order they should be in? Tuner first or last etc? I dont think I have hooked them up the same way twice and I think sometimes my bass sounds different than others.
If you're plugging in direct to the amp I'd go with bass to Tuner to Comp to Flanger to Chorus to Delay to Amp.

My setup is pretty complicated: Guitar ('66 Rickenbacker 365, '68 Gibson ES-335 12-String or '92 MIJ Fender Jazzmaster) into the Comp/Limiter of an Ibanez UE-405 Multi-Effects Unit. Through the effects loop of the UE-405 it goes to my Tuner and Mu-Tron Wah. From there it then goes to the Overdrive of an Ibanez UE-400 Multi-effects Unit. Through the effects loop of the UE-400 it goes to a Proco Rat an Electro Harmonix Big Muff and a Boss OC-2 Octaver pedal before passing back into the UE-400's Phaser and Flanger. From the UE-400 it goes back to the UE-405's Chorus and Analog Delay (set up for echo) and then to an Ibanez AD-230 for Long Delay (well... 600ms anyway). From there it goes to an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Plus Reverb Pedal before reaching my '62 Vox AC-30 Super Twin.

I've got a bunch of other overdive and fuzz pedals, an Ibanez AD-202 and PUE-5 pedal board all sitting in a box, which get pulled out occaisionally. Do I need all this stuff??? Probably not!
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

"Need" is such a subjective term :lol:
tristanbacker

Post by tristanbacker »

I don´t know if its correct but I use:

tuner>janglebox>boss over drive>red llama clon>tremolo

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”