1957 ric combo-refin. blue sparkle

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

egosheep
Intermediate Member

Re: 1957 ric combo-refin. blue sparkle

Post by egosheep »

jfine wrote:There doesn't appear to be any connection between Micro-Frets and Rickenbacker.
Yeah, the pointed fretboard end is the only similarity I see. It's not a Micro Frets neck or fingerboard on this Combo, look at the inlays.
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
apossibleworld

Post by apossibleworld »

jfine wrote: A note regarding Paul Barth--at the San Rafael (CA) vintage show the other day, I saw a guitar that was identical to a '60's Barth, except that it had a Magnatone nameplate on it--as Barth worked with Magnatone before he started Barth Guitars, this makes sense--but this thing was a Barth guitar in everything but name. The bridge and the pickups looked a lot like Rickenbacker parts (they weren't, but you could see the similarities).
Are you sure that it was a Barth guitar with a Magnatone badge? The Bartells and Magnatones circa 1965 were very very similar. Similar pickup design, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they were build by some of the same people. I have two Bartell guitars and and amp, and they're very cool. Although I'm probably going to sell them soon... too much stuff in the house!
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

I have had my eye on that since you had it listed for 15K.
ampking300

Post by ampking300 »

The scammer who copied my photos and partial description of my '57 Ric Combo 800 guitar from my ebay auction is at it again.I managed to get this scammer off of London's Craig's List and now the exact posting is on 1Classifieds.co.uk---just a message to BEWARE.
bobbyemmett

Post by bobbyemmett »

do you have any video /audio posts to get an idea how the guitar sounds?
ampking300

Post by ampking300 »

Sorry,I don't have any video or sound clips ( I don't know how to do this---I am a bass player/amp collector--only play rhythm guitar---see Vintage Guitar Magazine October 1999 re: amp collecting---I would need a serious versatile guitar player in order to demonstrate this guitar's sound and,also, someone to show me how to set up video and audio sound clip.) In any event , as stated in my current ebay auction ( 30 day ) I will put this guitar back in my collection,if it does not sell---it just plays and sounds so good,especially thru my vintage amps.
clsatt

Post by clsatt »

I don't think anyone would mind how good or bad you are at guitar-- there are only two or three videos that can be found of one of these guitars online and I know at least two are fake and the others are on music videos and may or may-not be the guitar used to create the sound.

Please :wink:
ampking300

Post by ampking300 »

I finally sold this Combo 800 about 6 weeks ago--while I will certainly miss it ,I just did not play enough to warrant keeping it--I think the buyer really got a good deal----Long Live the Combo 800 and 850's---they are really rare, great sounding,playing and much under rated guitars
clsatt

Post by clsatt »

I don't want to pry too much, but what did it finally sell for? I was actually debating asking my wife for it for christmas if it had gone down enough.
ampking300

Post by ampking300 »

I got my final asking price of $4,500.00,which was the lowest price that I would accept ,as I also stated in my ebay description if it did not sell I would have kept this guitar in my collection----it took me 14 months before this guitar sold---unfortunately,I think that the buyer buys items on ebay in order to sell them for customers in Asia.Good luck in finding another!!!
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

Hey Ray, congrats on the sale!! :) I know you will miss it.
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
clsatt

Post by clsatt »

yeah... she said 4k and I sell my bike and it's mine. well, the motorcycle is coming off CL.
Davegilmour

Post by Davegilmour »

Did rickenbacker ever do an original blue sparkle ?
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Davegilmour wrote:Did rickenbacker ever do an original blue sparkle ?
No, they have never issued a flakey sparkle finish.
Davegilmour

Post by Davegilmour »

Shame it was cool looking :)

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”