BULLET CABLE SLUGS

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: BULLET CABLE SLUGS

Post by rickenbrother »

T28 wrote:I did the exact same thing about a month ago.
Replaced all my George L's that were starting to show signs of going bad.

Worked like a charm.
I have George L's pedal kit plugs and cables connecting my pedals together. I couldn't say that I'm 100% happy with them.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Replaced all my GL plugs with soldered Switchcraft. I used the GL cable, but soldered it. I think I'll give these a go for my new board.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
T28

Post by T28 »

Pedal Board for the bass players amongst us! :D

bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Now that's a visible tuner!! Wow, it's huge!
How do you like the digital EQ? I just got one in a trade and haven't had a chance to spend time with it.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
T28

Post by T28 »

I like the digital EQ. Gives you excellent control over all the bands and being able to save 4 different settings is nice. It really works well if you tend to use a couple of different basses during a gig since you can then tailor one of the settings for each bass to give it the distinct sound you are looking to achieve.

For mine, I have 3 setting set up for one bass and the 4th setting for a 2nd bass. Using one of the 3 settings for bass 1, I can easily change the sound from deep and floor rumbling to Squire/Entwistle searing lead bass.

And yes....the tuner is big....but oh so easy to see on a dark stage and since I prefer not to wear my glasses on stage (part vanity and part slippage due to sweating) it makes it really easy to see and tune. I love it and cannot imagine going back to a tiny tuner.
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

Well, Mike convinced me to try one of the Bullet Cable slug kits and after much searching, finally found one (they are apparently backordered until May at most retailers).

Considering I have poor mechanical skills and little technical know-how, these were REALLY EASY to put together. I put together 4 custom length cables routing from the Timmy to an EB Jr volume pedal, then to a Carbon Copy, and out from a Boss TR-2 to a Ditto Looper, then back to the amp input.

So far, no issues! :D

Just need to order a few more connectors and a little more cable to complete the board.
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”