reissue ?'s

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

k43rover
Intermediate Member

Re: reissue ?'s

Post by k43rover »

turner wrote:I do want a rose Morris reissue! I even posted in the wanted section, I'm working on it :) but they could even put a f hole on a regular 24 fret guitar. Program the Cnc to cut every 5th guitar with a f hole (or something like that). Or a 21fret guitar with hi gains...something like that??
I can understand your frustration Jason. Similar views have been articulated on this forum (and elsewhere) by many of us over the years. However, the factory has maintained the position consistently that it doesn't make sense for them to do this type of thing as they have other business priorities. I would therefore recommend that you plan on the basis that it won't happen as far as standard model lines are concerned. Having said that, it's also clear from the recent limited editions (i.e. UK Pearl Whites, US Tobaccobursts) that there may occasionally be the opportunity for you to pick up a brand new f-hole guitar....but you'll need to move fast if they do more of these limited runs as they typically sell out very fast.
turner wrote: Just give more options even if its mostly cosmetic.
For many years the factory did exactly that. In fact I think I'm right in saying that you could specify selected extra cost options (like the Old Style deluxe body with binding both sides) right up to the mid '90's. It seems it's only in the last 15 years or so that the factory have moved to a more standardised product line up.
krick
Veteran RRF member

Post by krick »

RIC did make these 330S models late last year:

viewtopic.php?p=781102#p781102
k43rover
Intermediate Member

Post by k43rover »

krick wrote:RIC did make these 330S models late last year:

viewtopic.php?p=781102#p781102
The Tobaccoburst guitars were made late last year (if the jack plate serials are correct in the register it looks like they were all made in week 42). BTW I just spotted that the serial numbers shown in the register for the Pearl Whites appear to be wrong (they show week 24 production dates but I believe that should be week 14). Although there was a significant gap between production dates for the Pearl Whites and the Tobaccoburst guitars, I suspect the bodies were all made at the same time (i.e. sometime during Q1 2012).

Looking back on the pictures of f-hole bodies which the factory posted early last year, I'm now thinking that maybe the Sea Green f-hole guitar currently up for sale could be from the pile of f-hole bodies they showed.

http://www.gbase.com/gear/rickenbacker- ... sea-foam-g

I had thought these f-hole bodies were "intermediate" in size (somewhere in size between a 325 and a regular 330) as shown in another picture they posted at around the same time, but on closer inspection it looks like they could be standard 24 fret 330 bodies but with an f-hole. If the Sea Green is made from one of these bodies, then there may be a lot more 24 fret 330S models coming down the pipe as I don't think these bodies have been used for other guitars....that's potentially very good news for you Jason! :D
Attachments
Intermediate Body Size 1.jpg
Intermediate Body Size 2.jpg
Last edited by k43rover on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
k43rover
Intermediate Member

Post by k43rover »

This is what the X-braced C63 based f-hole body used on the Pearl White/Tobaccoburst limited editions looks like.
Attachments
Pearl Update 30 Mar.jpg
raygunpyle

Post by raygunpyle »

If I could have any reissue, I'd want the Bantar 6000. I play a little banjo and this is obviously the greatest looking banjo I ever seen! My second choice would be the lightshow 331. I'm sure with todays technology we could eliminate the external power supply that was necessary and just brighten LEDs with a 9V or something. That wouldn't be "vintage spec" but still really cool :) My dream would be to have a 620 lightshow, the 621 I'd assume it would be :) Dreams Dreams Dreams though.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

raygunpyle wrote:If I could have any reissue, I'd want the Bantar 6000. I play a little banjo and this is obviously the greatest looking banjo I ever seen! My second choice would be the lightshow 331. I'm sure with todays technology we could eliminate the external power supply that was necessary and just brighten LEDs with a 9V or something. That wouldn't be "vintage spec" but still really cool :) My dream would be to have a 620 lightshow, the 621 I'd assume it would be :) Dreams Dreams Dreams though.
I like this guy, can we keep him? :D

RayGun, the LED lightshow has been done. People here have had 330's converted. There is a young fella on BeatGear Cavern who made a 310LS IIRC. Your dreams can come true!

Turner, not gonna happen. As others have said, been discussed here ad nauseum, for all intents and purposes, not gonna happen. CEO says so even. It shouldn't bother you that RIC doesn't make money off the used market. The owners have plenty of money.
8mileshigher

reissue ?'s

Post by 8mileshigher »

Ray Gun
You can get a Lightshow made by Paul W (Jingle Jangle) out of standard 330 models. Dig back in his thread under "Lot's of Projects Nearing Completion" for pics of some Lightshows he crafted maybe a year or two ago.
turner

Post by turner »

I am very new here and I have done a few searches, but I didn't realize this topic was such "old hat", or beating a dead horse... so for that I apologize. I also know that Mr Hall must have plenty of money, or at least more than I do, and its not all about the "business" other than business's do need to make money to keep the doors open. Rickenbacker make a lovely product thats why we are all here wasting our time :lol: I cant speak for everyone but alot of people are drawn towards certain things (guitars, girls :oops: ) for the aesthetic expierence. My original thoughts were to just give a few more simple aesthetic options to be included in standard form (I shouldn't eveven have used the word REISSUE) that wouldn't break the bank/slow down production time.
turner

Post by turner »

As Eddie posted maybe they are already working on it.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

turner wrote:I am very new here and I have done a few searches, but I didn't realize this topic was such "old hat", or beating a dead horse... so for that I apologize. I also know that Mr Hall must have plenty of money, or at least more than I do, and its not all about the "business" other than business's do need to make money to keep the doors open. Rickenbacker make a lovely product thats why we are all here wasting our time :lol: I cant speak for everyone but alot of people are drawn towards certain things (guitars, girls :oops: ) for the aesthetic expierence. My original thoughts were to just give a few more simple aesthetic options to be included in standard form (I shouldn't eveven have used the word REISSUE) that wouldn't break the bank/slow down production time.
I think starting to offer Ruby as a finish again was intended to do just that. And seems to be working well from all the positive comments I see here.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”