Aitch's 2009 UK adventure

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

longhouse
Advanced Member

Re: Aitch's 2009 UK adventure

Post by longhouse »

Love the photographs. We always knew Aitch was cute -but Sarah is postitively adorable.

I was recently given a cursory job offer to help the Scottish police in a technical field (based in Dundee, Sco.) ...think I might send my application in.
Rickygirl

Post by Rickygirl »

Those piccys came out well Aitch. So, we can do at least a 10 mile hike then???? :wink:

You are too kind with the compliments though Aitch and Noel. :oops:

Looking forward to my week with ozover50
"You can't separate Sarah from her RickenBACKers"

http://www.myspace.com/transientfew
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Yes I recognize that place! Battersea Power Station. It looks better than I remember it. Thanks for posting that Aitch. Any Pink Floyd member sightings in the area? :lol:

Sorry CJ I accidently deleted your post as I was trying to copy the pic. I should put my glasses on :shock:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

winston wrote:Yes I recognize that place! Battersea Power Station. It looks better than I remember it. Thanks for posting that Aitch. Any Pink Floyd member sightings in the area? :lol:

Sorry CJ I accidently deleted your post as I was trying to copy the pic. I should put my glasses on :shock:
Man, I just don't know about you moderators these days...
:lol:

OK, I'll put it back:
ozover50 wrote:A few more:
Anybody recognize this?
Anybody recognize this?
Hmmm, I don't see any flying pigs!
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Thanks CJ............you are great fun. I have my glasses on now :lol: :lol: :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Actually, I understand, I have to wear my glasses these days to see my screen too. And I'm using 24" LCD displays... :shock: :( :roll: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

cjj wrote:
winston wrote:Yes I recognize that place! Battersea Power Station. It looks better than I remember it.

I was looking for the same thing.... three different ones... And since there were pictures of Sheep the previous day. What's next, the Dogs ?? Wait, I'm getting Floydian vacation pictures mixed up with recordings done at Abbey Road studios. :) :) :)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

8mileshigher wrote:
cjj wrote:
winston wrote:Yes I recognize that place! Battersea Power Station. It looks better than I remember it.

I was looking for the same thing.... three different ones... And since there were pictures of Sheep the previous day. What's next, the Dogs ?? Wait, I'm getting Floydian vacation pictures mixed up with recordings done at Abbey Road studios. :) :) :)
And next, I'm guessing, they'll be setting up beds on the beach for their next night out...
:lol: :lol:
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

rick_ovic wrote:Behave yourselves, you two. :mrgreen:
Surely you jest, Trotty!! :roll:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

But Aitch.......I thought you preferred Fenders? And I only have Rickenbackers...........I have the blackmail tape safe and secure!!!
:shock:
"If only quilted maple grew on trees!"
http://www.leftyguitars.co.uk
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

And what of the young lad in the far left of the Abbey Rd. crossing photo???
Looks like Aitch is scaring the #### out of him! :lol:
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Yes.... I wasn't happy at all, Greg. Damned interloper invading my space!! :twisted:

Yesterday we went south for a change.... to the lovely town of Rye. It's wonderful to see so many old towns and villages so well preserved and Rye is quite amazing. If you look hard you'll see Graham enjoying a cold one on the terrace in the first pic:
The Mermaid pub.... built in 1420!!
The Mermaid pub.... built in 1420!!
The last remaining gate in the fortifications.
The last remaining gate in the fortifications.
We then went down to Camber Sands, where I dipped the toes into the English Channel. Graham's got pics of that somewhere. Last night we went to a pub in Greenwch Village where I was introduced to some of his lovely friends, followed by a few sambuca night caps on the terrace..... nothing unusual there!! :wink: :wink:

Tonight we're off to see a Small Faces tribute band.... should be good.

I suppose I should get some Rickenbacker content in this thread at some stage...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

Yep - here's a few more pics..........
Aitch in the cobbled streets of historic Rye, East Sussex
Aitch in the cobbled streets of historic Rye, East Sussex
Outside the front of the Mermaid Inn
Outside the front of the Mermaid Inn
As the man said...........the current Inn dates back to 1420. I think Aitch remembers it being built :  )
As the man said...........the current Inn dates back to 1420. I think Aitch remembers it being built : )
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

And then we went to nearby Camber Sands............
Aitch dipped his toes in the English Channel
Aitch dipped his toes in the English Channel
Aitch puts the final touches to his new guitar design.........the Sand-Caster????
Aitch puts the final touches to his new guitar design.........the Sand-Caster????
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Those piccys came out well Aitch. So, we can do at least a 10 mile hike then????
Yikes, Sarah!!!!! I was thinking more in terms of "amble" and "stroll"..... :shock:

Seems more training is in order...... [puff, pant, gasp] :roll:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”