Famous Musicians, Artists - That You Have Met

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

Re: Famous Musicians, Artists - That You Have Met

Post by studiotwosession »

Elvis Costello and the Attractions (1994 tour, went thru the catering line with E.C. They were all very nice.) Elton John (talked with him for a half hour or so in the fall of 1980, at WGN studios...he was appearing on the Donahue Show. During the show he mentioned he had just signed with Geffen and was talking with John Lennon, a fellow label mate, about collaborating in the studio again.) Tom Petersson of Cheap Trick (at a music store in LA in '84, when he was solo and selling off a ton of gear.)
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

May I ask those of you who so far have provided a list of famous people that you have met, to perhaps put some flesh on the bones? Some of us I am sure, are dying to hear the stories attached to those encounters.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

George Harrison in a Shopping mall, he was buying underwear.
Lee Ving - friend of a friend, came to a BBQ at my house.
Pete Anderson, Dwight Yokum's guitarist/producer - he produced my friend's CD, met him at their gig.
Squire at the 75th.

Seen a lot that I haven't met. Scott Weiland at my local mall, with his kids (bizaare). Paul Stanley I've seen a number of times recently at this same mall, pushing a baby carriage. I told some folks in line at NAMM waiting to meet Mr. Stanley, just pop by the mall, no need to wait. Don't feel the need (except in Harrison's case) to talk and get an autograph, specially when they're with kids or family.

Growing up near Hollywood, I've seen everyone from Alfred Hitchcock to Stevie Wonder, Joni Mitchell, TV people, etc.
tamborineman

Post by tamborineman »

OK I've got some time so I'll go again :wink:
My bandmate out thier in Calf.,Frank was one of those guys who seemed to know everybody. You know what I mean ? So we got a invite from Los Lobos to come to the new year's eve [1984/85] show at the Oakland Colosium where they opened for Huey Lewis and the News. I loved their music and it was the first time I met them. They were all great guys, but what was especially memorable was the party after the show. Huey rented the expo hall for his private sware'. Joe Montana and his gorgous wife were in attendance along with many other members of the S.F. 49'er football team. They were about to win their second Super Bowl in another three weeks time. Huey provided a great buffet dinner, an open bar, a half dozen pool tables, pinball machines, a baseball batting cage and more ! I'm not a fan of Mr Lewis's music but he is an AWSOME DUDE in my book. :D
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Besides Paul W?!
ok..let' see..
Dick Dale
Chuck Berry
The Blasters
Albert Collins
Arthur Lee
Sonny Terry/Brownie McGee
Sky Saxon
Mongo Santamaria
Charlie Musslewhite
Billy Preston
Al Dimeola
Tuck and Patti
The Surfaris
The Lively Ones
some other guys....
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

Post by studiotwosession »

B.B. King, Andy Summers, Bonnie Raitt, Little Steven and some others (China Club LA, Showtime Post Grammies program taping.)
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

I mentioned Matt Andersen in my earlier post. For those who do not kow this artist, and who like the blues, you must do yourselves a favour and check him out. Matt is a good friend of my drummer's, from the Halifax area. He is one of the biggest men I have ever met, and he beats the tar out of his acoustic guitars, but what an unbelievable voice and talent. During his most recent trip to Montreal, the PA system in the club he was playing went down. Matt continued as if nothing happened, and none of us really noticed it went down, except for the acoustic guitar suddenly dropping in volume in relation to Matt's powerhouse voice. He was heard clearly and loudly in the back of the club, sans PA. He plays most gigs alone, no accompaniment other than his acoustic. You can check out Matt here: http://www.stubbyfingers.ca/multimedia.html. He is worht the visit.

Matt introduced us to J.P Cormier at a gig here in Montreal. Both of these men are unbelieveable stringed instrument talents. J.P. plays Chet Atckins style, but with lots of East Coast flavour. JP can play anything with strings, and does at his live shows. Again an artist probably more familiar to Eastern Canadians, but he has a lot of credits over a lot of years of performing.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
gray

Post by gray »

I met Peter Murphy and I met Jewel.

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”