Re: Cleaning my Vox AC15H1TV!

Post by scotty »

With mateybubbles i hope! :D
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

jps wrote:
Mateybob wrote:
kiramdear wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: You guys are killing me! What have I started? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dunno.

But i'm still sat here with a dirty amp. :x
Try Windex® (or the UK equivalent) and a toothbrush, preferably not the one you current use to clean your teeth with! :shock: Just spray the Windex® (or equivalent) on the Tolex® and pretend your brushing your teeth. Then rinse and swish with Listerine® (or not!). :mrgreen:
I was waiting for someone to say "Put some Weendex on eet!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

It works. I also like to use Clorox Cleanup on blonde or cream tolex amps for really stubborn spots. Just make sure not to use Windex and Clorox at the same time, because the Geneva Conventions have outlawed the use of poison gas/chemical warfare, and that's what you'll get if you mix the two. :shock:
scotty

Post by scotty »

Use them both together and get the Mrs to do it! :lol:
Coroner"There seems to be a chemical intoxication that induced a fatality"
You "Yes but did it clean the Tolex" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ric-O-Buc

Post by Ric-O-Buc »

Interesting - I thought the point of having a "Heritage" amp was that it should look AND sound - well - like an old amp.....

I have an AC30H2, but I haven't gigged with it yet - so its still pristine, but my '80's white Strat has turned a lovely shade of blond from 100's of gigs in smokey dives... and I would never clean those memories from its finish. YMMV.
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

Ric-O-Buc wrote:Interesting - I thought the point of having a "Heritage" amp was that it should look AND sound - well - like an old amp.....

I have an AC30H2, but I haven't gigged with it yet - so its still pristine, but my '80's white Strat has turned a lovely shade of blond from 100's of gigs in smokey dives... and I would never clean those memories from its finish. YMMV.
I see where you are coming from, but I just wanted to tart it up a bit before selling.

I did and I sold it! :D
Ric-O-Buc

Post by Ric-O-Buc »

Congrats - and condolences. Those are great sounding amps.

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”