Mark Bass Heads..

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: Mark Bass Heads..

Post by sloop_john_b »

So Joey, have you had a chance to crank it up yet?
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

John thanks for adding to the discussion. Since thread got moved, it sees little discussion since most of the bassists don't venture far past the Basses Forum. Yes, it sounds great. Right now, I'm playing it though a Genz Benz NeoX 212T. The sound is killer! I keep the eq set to flat and control the tone either on the bass guitar or by the VLE and VPF filter controls. The whole band loves this rig!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Joey, if you get a chance, try the head with the Bose B1 subwoofer John Hall recommends. Amazing sound that will have no trouble hitting the "brown" note.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Those filter controls are very powerful! I'm sure if I were using roundwounds I would notice even more of a response, especially from the VPF one.

When I'm using my 4003, I also keep the EQ set flat, with the lows bumped just a bit. With the Stingray I keep it all flat and EQ using the onboard preamp. I have to bump the lows and low mids a little more when using my Jazz Bass.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

blueflamerick wrote:Joey, if you get a chance, try the head with the Bose B1 subwoofer John Hall recommends. Amazing sound that will have no trouble hitting the "brown" note.
The last time I saw JH, which was last week, I completely forgot about taking him up on his very kind offer to try his Bose B1's in my band's setting! :oops:
sloop_john_b wrote:I have to bump the lows and low mids a little more when using my Jazz Bass.
I wish I could feel comfortable with a Jazz Bass. I'd have to put a P-Bass neck on a J-Bass body. Maybe then I'd be comfortable.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

I'd love to have a Markbass combo big enough to gig with for those once in a blue moon situations where I am the bassplayer :mrgreen:
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Joey,that must be why i like my jazz frankenbass copy,it is basically an Austin j bass body,but the neck is off a st blues bass,and feels like it is somewhere between the standard p and j sizes. i had owned 3 real fender j basses,of various vintages,and never much liked the necks either. but i do like the pickup positions/tonal options of the j bass. it also weird that my j bass has a hard time getting the "jaco' tone,but sounds extremely RIC-like in the full open settings and played with a pick. it sounds great with my markbass/vt combo.

Return to “The Low End”