NAMM 2012

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: NAMM 2012

Post by jps »

wim wrote:Last time I looked, my 4001 was still female.

Androgynous, perhaps? :mrgreen:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

jps wrote:
wim wrote:Last time I looked, my 4001 was still female.

Androgynous, perhaps? :mrgreen:
Either that, or hermaphroditic...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

cassius987 wrote:
ricaddic wrote:
johnhall wrote:Every indication I see there suggests it's a male.
Actually Mr Hall sir, Im talking about the bass, and not Joey Vasco to the left of the picture, and the gentleman to the right...in Which case all instruments to me are female, acutally that might not even be the right bass, I was looking at the midblu 4004L from the NAMM show at POTR on Saturday, and have to go back tomorrow while im there may just take that one home, love the new fretboard wood you are useing, by the way, Kudos on the the TV Yellow and Special Green 4001C64 basses, the necks on them are very thin compared to my old 06, and both of them have become my favorite and main basses, left the rounds on the T V Yellow and had the cap bypassed and put fats on the Special Green but left the cap alone, they are a deadly combo, thank you sir for produceing them , I am extremly happy with themm..
That's one heck of a long... sentence!
Hey, that's a classic Ange sentence right there! :lol: 8)
Ange, if I didn't have my heart set on the Ruby Cii, that Midnight Blue Laredo or the Fireglo Laredo would have been on my radar. I hope you get it! :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

rickenbrother wrote:Ange, if I didn't have my heart set on the Ruby Cii, that Midnight Blue Laredo or the Fireglo Laredo would have been on my radar. I hope you get it! :)
I agree, I hope you do get that one, Angelo. 8)

Joey, I used Ruby for practice this past Saturday. What a great sound that Laredo Ruby has. :D I primarily used the neck pickup, which sounds great in a band context, soloing I prefer both pickups together, or the bridge pickup only, with the tone rolled off a bit. The bridge pickup actually sounds a lot like my magnetic horseshoe pickup when playing with a pick. :shock: 8) :D
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Jeff, I take it that you think Ruby is a great sounding color. Me too! :mrgreen: 8)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Very much so! 8) 8) 8) Jetglo Rocks, Ruby Kicks Butt! :D
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

rickenbrother wrote:Hey, that's a classic Ange sentence right there! :lol: 8)
Ange, if I didn't have my heart set on the Ruby Cii, that Midnight Blue Laredo or the Fireglo Laredo would have been on my radar. I hope you get it! :)
Joey good brother, I like that Ruby Cii very much, she is absolutely gorgeous, I see a Ruby in my future, maybe a Cii or a 4003 ? Chris also has the Blueburst Cii too, I could come home with that, I will decide when I get there, you will know by days end good brother, give the lovely Diane my love...you guys please stay safe..miss you guys..
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

jps wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:Ange, if I didn't have my heart set on the Ruby Cii, that Midnight Blue Laredo or the Fireglo Laredo would have been on my radar. I hope you get it! :)
I agree, I hope you do get that one, Angelo. 8)

Joey, I used Ruby for practice this past Saturday. What a great sound that Laredo Ruby has. :D I primarily used the neck pickup, which sounds great in a band context, soloing I prefer both pickups together, or the bridge pickup only, with the tone rolled off a bit. The bridge pickup actually sounds a lot like my magnetic horseshoe pickup when playing with a pick. :shock: 8) :D
Jeffery good brother ol bean, how are you, and hey Congrats, Didnt know you snagged a Ruby Laredo, I will come home with eithier the Miblu Laredo or the Blueburst Cii both from the NAMM Show, (possibly both...lol) as I said to Joey, it will be known by days end, Well have a safe day and tell your beautiful wife Shari I said hi...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

ricaddic wrote:Joey good brother, I like that Ruby Cii very much, she is absolutely gorgeous, I see a Ruby in my future, maybe a Cii or a 4003 ? Chris also has the Blueburst Cii too, I could come home with that, I will decide when I get there, you will know by days end good brother, give the lovely Diane my love...you guys please stay safe..miss you guys..
Thanks Ange! We miis you too! Looking forward to see what you bring home from POTR. :)
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

rickenbrother wrote:
ricaddic wrote:Joey good brother, I like that Ruby Cii very much, she is absolutely gorgeous, I see a Ruby in my future, maybe a Cii or a 4003 ? Chris also has the Blueburst Cii too, I could come home with that, I will decide when I get there, you will know by days end good brother, give the lovely Diane my love...you guys please stay safe..miss you guys..
Thanks Ange! We miis you too! Looking forward to see what you bring home from POTR. :)
Well it was a tough decision and I almost came home with both, but choose the Midblu Laredo, pased up on the blueburst Cii mainly because im not big on the blueburst and am gonna wait for eithier a Ruby Cii or 4003, so thee you have it...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Very cool! Congrats and enjoy it, Ange! :)
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

rickenbrother wrote:Very cool! Congrats and enjoy it, Ange! :)
Thanks my very dear brother, you can count on me enjoying her..
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Ange, didn't happen without pics. :wink: :lol:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Pics? With Ange it's vidoes, on FB. 8)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

rickenbrother wrote:Very cool! Congrats and enjoy it, Ange! :)
+!! 8) Get a Ruby when you can, it will go really nicely with the MID. :D

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”