Have you met anyone famous?

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS
Professional Player

Re: Have you met anyone famous?

Post by BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS »

wayang...alan holdsworth was the finest violinist to pick up the guitar and make it sound like a sax ! :D
BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS
Professional Player

marc61...saw only type o, world coming down tour twice, then last year. loved his black rick 4000 style bass with the green pickups and in line headstock.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Music:

Randy Bachman
Eric Bloom
Don Brewer
Gary Brooker
Randy California
Bun E. Carlos
Ed Cassidy
Karen & Richard Carpenter
Alice Cooper
Paul Cotton
Papa John Creach
Dennis DeYoung
Buck Dharma
Roger Earl
John Entwistle
Rod Evans
Peter Frampton
Dave Gilmour
Isaac Hayes
Paul Kantner
Allen Lanier
Robbie MacIntosh
Brian May
Joey Molland
Rick Nielsen
Chuck & Jon Panozzo
Tom Peterson
Dave Peverett
Billy Powell
Artemus Pyle
Todd Rundgren
Tommy Shaw
Chris Slade
Paul Stanley
Tony Stevens
Robin Trower
C.F. Turner
Steve Tyler
Paul Wickens (Wix)
Ron Wood
Rusty Young
Robin Zander

Others:

Gallagher
Paul Newman
Last edited by beatlefreak on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ka is a wheel.
TheWonders

Post by TheWonders »

When I was 17 I smoked with Don Johnson.

We were working on a movie called "A Boy and His Dog" where I also met Jason Robards and Tiger, the Brady Bunch dog.
A few years later I was working for a video company and met Barry McGuire and Larry Knectel, who had one of the weakest handshakes I've ever experienced (I guess he was saving his hands for the keyboard).
One day walking outside of the sound stage I (almost literally) bumped into William Shatner - was was quite nice, smiled and said "Hi".
On another day I walked into the men's room and found myself standing at the urinal next to Ron Howard. He was even nicer and chatted for awhile.
A few years ago at NAMM I met Tom Scott (very nice guy) Lisa Loeb (very sweet, posed for a photo with me) who was with Dweezil Zappa, Charles Rainey and Nathan East, both of whom were very down-to-earth and took time to chat.
At a later NAMM show I met Kenny Howes and congratulated him on the release of the Hautewerk CD.
A few minutes later I was talking with John Hall when Brian Wilson came up and introduced himself to John, then turned to me and said "Hi, I'm Brian Wilson - what's your name?"
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I saw A Boy and His Dog back in the '70s! 8)
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

just_bassics wrote:Apart from the bands Yes and Asia, when I was eleven I met Roberto Clemente. It was in the Pittsburgh Pirates locker room, fifteen minutes after he had his 3000th major league hit. My Dad was filming his at-bats for Associated Press and I was lucky enough to be along on that job with him. He was an amazing baseball player and humanitarian. He died in a plane crash off Puerto Rico three months later while attempting to fly relief supplies to victims of the Nicarauguan earthquake, where he coached little league baseball in the off season.

Fred Rogers, who was in real life exactly as he appeared on TV. My Dad did a lot of film work for him as well.

And, of course, little Xilan Squire, who will be famous someday! :D
Jim - That was Roberto Clermente's last game ever!!
Leprosy is rare & scarce but nobody wants that!
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

I guess that living outside the US or the UK doesn't help me in this aspect.
Never met anyone internationally famous,

Their loss :wink:
So long and thanks for all the fish!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

You met me! :mrgreen:
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

jps wrote:You met me! :mrgreen:
The title of the thread is FAMOUS not INFAMOUS JEFF! :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:
BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS
Professional Player

jps wrote:You met me! :mrgreen:

the day i meet you, jeff...i will put you at the top of the list...with me ! :roll:
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

But you had yourself at the BOTTOM of the list, trying to trick Jeff, huh? :)
So long and thanks for all the fish!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

In 1972 I was backstage at Winterland for the last live show of the Jefferson Airplane (before their reunion in the late Eighties). Met all of them with Papa John and Marty Balin, too. A lot of other folks turned out to say farewell; I met Jerry Garcia that night and played ping pong with members of Commander Cody. What a great show! Marty needed some persuasion to come on for a number (he'd already split the band and was there as a guest). He was pretty loaded but he went out and they did "Somebody to Love". I felt happy that I kinda talked him into it.

Through the years living in San Francisco I met Charleton Heston and Tony Bennett, Eddie Money, Bill Graham and Wavy Gravy, and sold John McLaughlin an Echoplex. I hung around with The Flamin' Groovies and I lived in Mike Wilhelm's house with him when I was his bass player. June Millington (Fanny) was kind of a role model for me and I met her at Hyde Street Studios by chance. So many others but i'll start to get a bit esoteric ...
All I wanna do is rock!
BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS
Professional Player

gibsonlp wrote:But you had yourself at the BOTTOM of the list, trying to trick Jeff, huh? :)
no, gil ! if you flip the list 180 deg., you'll see i would be at the top...but upside down... :? :? :? :? :?
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

gibsonlp wrote:I guess that living outside the US or the UK doesn't help me in this aspect.
Never met anyone internationally famous,
Their loss :wink:
I hope you don't mean there's no internationally famous people outside US or UK? :wink:
I remember a German movie, not a comedy but with a few funny moments, the latter about an American actor (not one of those Oscar winners but still known and loved by people) who came to Germany to do movies or something and was wandering around Berlin (looking for something perhaps), alone, and bumping into people. They were, like, "no, it cannot be him!" — and back to their life as if nothing happened.
Okay, i know it's only a movie, but anyway, the thing is — you'll never know where, when and who you may bump into. :wink:
PS: oh, and — no, i've never met anyone internationally famous.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
scottpro1969
Intermediate Member

Post by scottpro1969 »

Wow, so much good stuff!

I can't really say I met him but I hung outside after a David Gilmour concert back in 1984 and bumped into him on his way out. He signed my tour program which was cool.

Literally bumped into George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg at a store during a break when they were filming A Perfect Storm.

Met Julia Child at the Park Plaza Hotel in Boston.

That's about it, pretty boring compared to others I've read :)

Return to “On Stage”