Benoit David out.

The genius of Chris Squire
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Re: Benoit David out.

Post by just_bassics »

Nope, not at all where I was going, but - You're right, I did enjoy that period so long ago...
Droog61

Post by Droog61 »

just_bassics wrote:Nope, not at all where I was going, but - You're right, I did enjoy that period so long ago...
Actually, wasn't writing into anything you wrote Jim :) I just remembered that it almost did happen

Cheers
Badanovski

Post by Badanovski »

And while I am wishful thinking throw a Roger Dean stage design/media presentation in the mix...and a unicorn[/quote] I can just see it now one of the members slipping on unicorn dookie ending the concert series.
Droog61

Post by Droog61 »

Badanovski wrote:And while I am wishful thinking throw a Roger Dean stage design/media presentation in the mix...and a unicorn
I can just see it now one of the members slipping on unicorn dookie ending the concert series.[/quote]

I thought Unicorns p**ped Gold?
gearhed289
Intermediate Member

Post by gearhed289 »

Anybody notice that this new singer was one of the top picks for the BASS position in the Queen Extravaganza? Interesting.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I kind of love seeing the passion this topic has inspired.

And the whole deleted posts thing reminds me of the way the Ric Police recently hijacked a certain facebook group. :?

Long live YES! FFH is great...
'89 4003S, '92 4001CS, '93 4003S/8
www.nomadichorizonband.com
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

gearhed289 wrote:
And the whole deleted posts thing reminds me of the way the Ric Police recently hijacked a certain facebook group. :?
Mark is back in control of that page now Tom. That was an odd event and one that was apparently not wholy sanctioned by upper management. That's my understanding at least.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

gearhed289 wrote:Anybody notice that this new singer was one of the top picks for the BASS position in the Queen Extravaganza? Interesting.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I kind of love seeing the passion this topic has inspired.

Long live YES! FFH is great...
I didn't know that, Tom. Jon Davison is also a bassist? Could be a new take on "The Fish" performed live, especially if Steve Howe could be convinced to bring his '74 4001 FG along! :shock:

I also think FFH is great.

As for the deleted posts, let's just be clear - They contained absolutely no new information, they were just repeats of an opinion that was already expressed - over and over, I might add. All of the original posts were left intact on all theads, so the poster's original thoughts were preserved. So,why the repeated postings when the point had already been made? You'll have to ask the other guy for the answer to that one. I just don't know and he refuses to discuss it with me via PM. :?:

Let's move on...
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

Yes, he is an excellent bassist and a guitarist as well.

Since we are clearing up things lately...I believe it was somewhere on this thread that I misspoke about the Glass Hammer albums...it is "Culture of Ascent" that I was referring to when I mentioned Jon Anderson doing two guest-spots (vocals). As well, Jon Davison did not sing on that one...rather, he is on "IF" and the new CD "Cor Cordium." I just received "Cor..." but don't have "IF" yet (but did just order it).

As far as the fray about postings being worthwhile, my personal belief is that Forums are always better when members and Moderators have a balanced approach. Some Forums I have participated in have been unruly, uncontrolled, and thus, useless. Some Forums have been much too uptight, over-policed and thus, not worth the effort. I feel that in general, the RIC Forum has a near-perfect balance because of the Moderators and our sharp, wittty, and experienced Members. If you are not adding something new why bother? If you are trying to foment trouble, you will be spanked by the Mods. Seems simple to me. I was gently informed on one Thread that I digressed too much. I deserved it; I love to talk (and digress) a wee bit too much!

We have a great Forum here!
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Billsbro wrote:...I was gently informed on one Thread that I digressed too much. I deserved it; I love to talk (and digress) a wee bit too much!...
But not by me, Stephen. I enjoy your digressions and ramblings-on, etc... :lol: :)
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

"spanked by the mods" :shock: Wow! That never even occurred to me.......... :mrgreen: :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Billsbro wrote: Some Forums I have participated in have been unruly, uncontrolled, and thus, useless.
I have one to nominate... :lol: :lol: :lol:
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

just_bassics wrote:As for the deleted posts, let's just be clear - They contained absolutely no new information, they were just repeats of an opinion that was already expressed - over and over, I might add.
How do we know that? How can you be sure we'd agree with your assessment?
just_bassics wrote:All of the original posts were left intact on all threads, so the poster's original thoughts were preserved.
How do you know everyone here has read all the poster's original thoughts? We can't hear the thoughts of other members in real time? We have to go roust around and search for what you're referring to?
just_bassics wrote:So, why the repeated postings when the point had already been made? You'll have to ask the other guy for the answer to that one. I just don't know and he refuses to discuss it with me via PM.
So this means that once an RRF member shares an observation, he's never allow to repeat it? Under any context, Jim? Or will you outline those parameters for us? That's a bit extreme and downright intolerant, and I think the RRF members here deserve better - a neutral and welcome ground on which to share ideas. This is what we're traditionally accustomed to here, Jim, but you've gotten a bit heavy-handed with your censorship. It reflects YOUR scrutiny, not the general bias of the RRF as a whole. And as a fellow RRF consultant, I feel it's my duty to go on record opposing the practice of deleting posts and voice my disagreement with this kind of personal prejudice. And mods have no business "spanking" anybody. We're Rick fans - anyone here with a self-imposed air of authority really needs to get over themselves.
just_bassics wrote:Let's move on...
I wish you would, Jim. Didn't you say that you were going to drop it three posts ago?

I used to enjoy this forum - A LOT. But this continued badgering and shaming of certain RRF members is negative and just promotes more negativity, and I myself don't feel welcome participating in this atmosphere any longer. I may poke my head around again at a later date, but not while this hierarchical nonsense is going on.

Walker out.

(I copied this post for myself so I have a reference once it's deleted.)
s4001

Post by s4001 »

Stick around, Mark. We're all buds.

Take a breather gang. It's just a rock band. We've all got opinions on music, if we didn't everything would sound like 80's tv jingles. If mssrs Anderson and Squire can't make amends, it's their life, not yours. Carrying someone else's baggage is a waste of your valuable life. Get the headphones on, enjoy the music, crank the Rics and Ampegs (vintage, of course) and do something smile worthy.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

s4001 wrote:Stick around, Mark. We're all buds.

Take a breather gang. It's just a rock band. We've all got opinions on music, if we didn't everything would sound like 80's tv jingles. If mssrs Anderson and Squire can't make amends, it's their life, not yours. Carrying someone else's baggage is a waste of your valuable life. Get the headphones on, enjoy the music, crank the Rics and Ampegs (vintage, of course) and do something smile worthy.
Bang on Scott. I could not agree more.

just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

walker wrote:...I used to enjoy this forum - A LOT. But this continued badgering and shaming of certain RRF members is negative and just promotes more negativity, and I myself don't feel welcome participating in this atmosphere any longer. I may poke my head around again at a later date, but not while this hierarchical nonsense is going on.

Walker out.

(I copied this post for myself so I have a reference once it's deleted.)
Badgering and slamming? (insert icon for head scratching) I won't even attempt to defend against that remark, but perhaps you can enlighten me by citing specific examples.

Your post won't be deleted, Mark. You're entitled to your opinion and I'll leave it here for all to view. I still stand by my position as the moderator of this forum. BTW, "spanking" was not a term I used but you seem to be familiar with the process. From this point on, however, if you have this much of a problem with the way I oversee this forum, I would prefer that you take it up with the administrators. Publicly calling me out like this will not result in a change of the way I perform my duties and it certainly has nothing to do with the forum subject at hand. Why subject others to it?

For one last time, since this concept seems lost on you, left me repeat myself for once: This has nothing to do with my opinion on the subject of the band. This is not personal. We can discuss Yes singers, or Howe vs. Rabin, Howe vs. Banks, Wakeman vs. Kaye, Bruford vs. White, or Offord vs. Horn etc... till the cows come home and I'm fine with it. That is not why I deleted the post in question. I deleted it because I felt the poster was only trying to provoke an argument on a point that he had already made in previous posts. As a moderator I have access to a delete button and in four years I've used it a total of four times. Think that's censorship? You are entitled to your opinion. I stand by my decision.

As for this comment: "How do we know that? How can you be sure we'd agree with your assessment?" Your agreeing or disagreeing with my assessment is not a criteria that I use in my decision to moderate on a topic.

This is my final say on the matter. Please address any further comments unrelated to the thread topic to admin and they will proceed as they see fit. As for your continued participation here, stay or leave, as only you can make that decision. I hope you stay and I also hope that Thomas returns and contributes. I did review his posts over the weekend and appreciate much of what he has to contribute. But know that I will continue to do the job I was asked to perform.

I would like to apologize to the other forum members who had to witness this exchange. Surely this is not why you come here and, also for the record, I did attempt to handle this privately and in a professional manner with both of the members that are in disagreement with my actions. They both chose to air it publicly, so there it is...

Now, again, I'm moving on... :arrow:

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”