Is this an original? 1964 rose morris. $?

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

leftybass
RRF Consultant

Re: Is this an original? 1964 rose morris. $?

Post by leftybass »

johnhall wrote:Smith was quite dissatisfied by the publisher of his book and I can understand why he doesn't want to do an update. I also think his attentions have turned elsewhere, more in the world of curating than writing.

I have also always hoped the Rittor book might we redone and issued in English but due to some quirks in the Japanese copyright laws, that also doesn't seem to be in the cards.

What I'd love to see Andy Babiuk or Brian Kehew or Matthew Hill do an authoritative book that's more comprehensive than anything to date.

At one time I thought I'd also like to do one but I've gotten sick of people telling me how things REALLY were . . . even though I was there and they weren't. I have much better things to contemplate for retirement than any type of debate. That doesn't mean I wouldn't cooperate with or assist a writer though . . .
During the Rickenbacker 75th festivities in 2006, I can remember sitting with Brian Kehew in the Doubletree lobby looking at the very first pre-release copy of his Abbey Road book...I must say it's attention to detail blew me away, just really really impressive. Suffice to say it sold me right away and I got a copy.

To alot of us 1987 doesn't seem like a 'long time ago' but a lot of time has passed in RIC's history since the Smith book was published...25 years..(ouch)..really..?? :lol:

Anyway I think it is high time to do an up-to-date authoritative book as well.
RitchieRooster

Post by RitchieRooster »

My Rose Morris Rickenbacker had a serial plate # DC 289.
The DC, if I remember right, was on above the jack hole, and the 289 was at the bottom.
It was fire glow and I had to let it go in the 90s, but I have NO idea where it it now.
Ritchie
collin

Post by collin »

Hi Ritchie, welcome.

Cool, what else do you remember about the guitar - 2 pickups? 3 pickups? Was it short-scale like a 325, or full-scale? Hollow body or solid?

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”