Pics from our 4-2 show and what's next for me...

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
phlemmy

Pics from our 4-2 show and what's next for me...

Post by phlemmy »

http://capricornusa.com/bp.html

I don't feel like I look that fat dammit!

Anyway, we did our final show this past Saturday night to a tiny crowd. We played at the Va Beach oceanfront which is a hellish place for a metal band to play. 1: No one likes to drive down there because parking is a nightmare and 2: It's a place where all the "pretty people" hang out. We ain't pretty! It was fun and I didn't get emotional about it at all, even though I thought I would. I'll have pics posted from that soon. A new acquaintance of mine is a professional photographer, so they should come out pretty good. I asked him to make me look skinny! haha

Here's a link to some of his stuff: http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=8582870

As for what's next for me, I think I will stick to a similar style, just go with the 99% original thing. I want to do a 3pc with a guitar player/singer in the vein of Thin Lizzy/AC-DC/Motorhead/The Cult/Faster Pussycat with a touch of a Hell's Angels attitude. I gotta find a guy playing a Les Paul! haha

Anyway, I'll be back up and running soon...of course I'll spam you about it here.

Thanks for listening.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Sounds like a plan, Phlemmy! Keep us posted. Glad you kept it together and are moving on!
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
tony_carey
Advanced Member

Post by tony_carey »

Great pics Sean. My band has just gone three piece & it is fantastic. I have so much space in which to work. I can actually use FX & you can hear them! The dynamics of the band has improved 100%. I can play some pretty weird stuff & it sounds great!
A guy with a Les Paul?....My 330's/360v64/1997's out rock a Les Paul. If you ever get to England, we'll have to get together for some serious rocking!!!
'Rickenbacker'...what a name! After all these years, it still thrills me.
wayang

Post by wayang »

Right on, Phlemmy....you can't keep a good man down. Keep us posted (spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam...)
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
rictified

Post by rictified »

I've played in three piece bands most of my life, I'm in one now. Let's you play a lot more free but at the same time you really have to hold down the bottom and keep a good groove most of the time. It's taught me to really lock in with the drummer. I get my solos just about every night though.
dougp
Veteran RRF member

Post by dougp »

Great pics! You got the look down, all right! And don't forget that Lemmy would probably be as chubby as David Gilmour or Jimmy Page (for instance...) these days if it weren't for his steady consumption if IG Farben diet powder.
My basses are Rickenbackers. My synthesizers and recording gear are analog.
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

"IG Farben diet powder."

is that another term for Meth and Jack Daniels?
dougp
Veteran RRF member

Post by dougp »

Just the former (I don't know that amphetamines were actually developed by IG Farben, but if not, by some other German chemical company), since alcohol doesn't really keep the weight off (but speed does).
My basses are Rickenbackers. My synthesizers and recording gear are analog.
dean712
Intermediate Member

Post by dean712 »

Those are great pictures, I love the Black-n-White. The Jetglo Ric suits you, too!

I wish I coulda seen you live. Keep pushing for the next, great thing - a good bassist is always in strong demand. One that can sing can pretty much pick his band.

Return to “My Gig Forum”