Stones 2005 Tour

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

lowendbob
Advanced Member

Stones 2005 Tour

Post by lowendbob »

Anybody going?
I found out they will be here in Hershey, Pa.
A few miles from me. I'm not sure I'm going however. I never considered The Stones as good live performers.
Buy it before someone else does.
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

"I known they're ugly and they're old ... but we like them"

The Stones are the world's most famous garage band ...
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

Are they going out in caskets? Image
I saw them in '81 and they were HORRIBLE.
I saw the last tour and they were great. Amazing the developments in live sound technology since then.
I still don't understand how the heck Keef plays by watching him. His hands are all over the place and making strange "gestures" toward the string area, but it works, I guess.
"They make great f***'n basses". - Lemmy, NAMM 2009
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

The Stones are amazing ... they keep doing it after all these year ... man my hat's off to Fred and Barney ...

heheheheheh!!!

seriously I used to like the Stones in the 60's but I am not a big fan ... I like a few of their songs ... but not enough to buy concert tickets ...
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Boy, ain't that the truth! There is probably less that a handful of Stones songs I'm willing to listen to since the 60s....and that dosen't mean I like them either --- I just tolerate listening to them...
Leprosy is rare & scarce but nobody wants that!
brianb

Post by brianb »

I'd just like to see Keith play some R&B / Blues in a small club...
Winos again
trick_knee

Post by trick_knee »

I say the day that a lead singer stops singing and just speaks the words to a song, he/she has lost that original drive to perform...Mick lost it years ago and I wouldn't waste a penny to see that.
wayang

Post by wayang »

Same reason I quit standing in line for Leonard Nimoy tickets...
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
oreca
Intermediate Member

Post by oreca »

I think I'm going.
It was announced a few days ago that they're stoping in Moncton, N.B. in Canada.
That's amazing, it's going to be the biggest concert we ever had/will have. They said they're expecting 75000 people.

Is our admin Peter a Stones fan? If so I should tell him about this if he doesn't know...
rictified

Post by rictified »

I've had friends see them recently who said they were still great and still had it. They were once the most exciting band in the world. Kieth Richard is one of the greatest rock n roll guitarists who ever lived IMHO, he keeps the R&R tradition alive in this world of bland sound alike computer driven sampled bands. 'The worlds greatest rock n roll band' was not just hype, Listen to 'Get yer ya ya's' out for a taste of what they were like in their prime.
rictified

Post by rictified »

Winos were great.
nattiep
Advanced Member

Post by nattiep »

"The Stones are amazing ... they keep doing it after all these year ... man my hat's off to Fred and Barney ..."
Steven Wright!

"I named my dog Stay. He's a very confused dog. C'mere, Stay. C'mere, Stay." I love that one.
1976 Rickenbacker 4001
2011/05 Fender Standard Fretless Jazz Bass
2005/11 Fender Standard Jazz Bass
jaybic

Post by jaybic »

My favorite Steven Wright....

My grandpa gave me a box of razor blades and he gave my brother a box of bandaids...."Now you boys share."
nattiep
Advanced Member

Post by nattiep »

For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier...I put them in the same room and let them fight it out...

So then I filled the humidifier with wax and left it on. Now everything in my house is shiny.

I had to stop driving my car for a while...the tires got dizzy...

"When I was a child... We had a quick-sand box in the backyard...... I was an only child........ eventually...."

"Winny and I lived in a house that ran on static electricity... If you wanted to run the blender, you had to rub balloons on your head."

"Winny would spend all of his time practicing limbo... He got pretty good... He could go under a rug..."

"I bought some batteries... but they weren't included... so I had to buy them again..."

"If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."

I was walking down the street and all of a sudden the prescription for my eye-glasses ran out ....

I bought some used paint. It was in the shape of a house.

I woke up one morning and looked around the room. Something wasn't right. I realized that someone had broken in the night before and replaced everything in my apartment with an exact replica. I couldn't believe it...I got my roommate and showed him. I said, "Look at this--everything's been replaced with an exact replica!" He said, "Do I know you?"

Right now I'm having vu ja de--deja vu and amnesia at the same time.

I got into an elevator at work and this man followed in after me. I pushed '1' and he just stood there...I said, "Hi, where you going?" He said, "Phoenix." So, I pushed 'Phoenix'. A few seconds later, the doors opened, two tumbleweeds blew in...we were in downtown Phoenix. I looked at him and said, "You know, you're the kind of guy I want to hang around with." We got into his car and drove out to his shack in the desert. Then the phone rang. He said, "You get it." I picked it up and said, "Hello?"...The other side said, "Is this Steven Wright?" I said, "Yes..." The guy said, "Hi, I'm Mr. Jones, the student loan director from your bank...It seems you have missed your last 17 payments, and the university you attended said that they received none of the $17,000 we loaned you. We would just like to know what happened to the money." I said, "Mr. Jones, I'll give it to you straight. I gave all of the money to my friend Slick, and with it he built a nuclear weapon...and I would appreciate it if you never called me again."

That guy is a genius!
1976 Rickenbacker 4001
2011/05 Fender Standard Fretless Jazz Bass
2005/11 Fender Standard Jazz Bass
jaybic

Post by jaybic »

Two kittens were walking down the street. They both looked up in time to see another cat fall from a 5 story building, do a half-gainer and land perfectly on its feet. One kitten turns to the other and says, "See, that's how you do it."

Return to “On Stage”