Do You Love Me

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
bear

Post by bear »

The story I got on the CD releases was CLark cut a deal where the diss were only available through a TV offer. When that first release time frame expired Clark wanted to re-negotiate the deal. He asked for 2 mil up front for the rights to press again and the company declined. Foolish choice IMHO but Clark owns the rights and that's his choice.
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

I found something interesting, The History of the Dave Clark Five, a two CD set, available through Amazon (can also be found on Ebay). Supposedly it's OOP. 50 cuts in all put out on the Hollywood Label (big question mark there) in 1993. Know anything about this one, Roy? Or anyone?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Music is too important to be left to professionals.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Released in 94 in the US only as far as I know if it was Amazon Uk you checked it is listed Stan but not available. However if anybody wants DC5 stuff and are not bothered about the source then I can put you on to a link that has virtually all their stuff (nothing to do with me )
TODAY'S THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Thanks Roy, but I have a guy who works at my station who has a knack for downloading obscure CDs (real obscure) so I will get him to find this two set CD. I like it when it's his 'knack', my benefit.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

This has nothing to do with downloading from filesharing sites Stan these are CD's from a genuine site
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Then by all means pass it on....
bear

Post by bear »

That 2 disc, 50 track, CD was the one available only in America and only through a TV offer. So it was an officially sanctioned release by Mike.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I did see a DC5 'anthology' CD set in a Tower Records some years ago, and it was a fully authorized compilation (I don'r remember the label, however). I did not buy it becasue it did not have Good Time Woman on it (one of the best B sides ever).
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gary: What was the A side to Good Time Woman? I don't remember this song.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Umm, hard to remember ... I think it was Catch Us If You Can. I'm pretty sure it was not Do You Love Me, I liked that a lot and Good Time Woman was the flip side of one I did not like so much. My 45s are back in Illinois at my sister's house, otherwise I'd dig the single out to check for sure.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

It was the "b" side to I´ve got to have a reason in the states
revolver323
Intermediate Member

Post by revolver323 »

Pretty sure the B side to "Catch Us" was "Come Home." I have the 45 at home.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Thanks for the clarification/correction, guys.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Peter,

this is a late post but I found the side by side comparison of "Do You Love Me" tracks very interesting.

On an individual basis I like Brian Pooles vocals Dave Clarks drumming and the energy of Farons Band. The spoken intros all suck except for Dave Clarks. That's because Dave started it with Drums.

Taken on the whole Dave Clarks version barely wins it for me. Brian Poole and the Trems are in hot pursuit and are next. The other two; its a toss up.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”