Surf's Up

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
rictified

Post by rictified »

I was sitting in a restaurant one day looking out the window and saw a 67 Plymouth parked in front which is not unusual at all, then I noticed it had hood scoops on it. I'm thinking, no that can't be a GTX (gas is 4 bucks a gallon) I walked out and looked at it, and it was a GTX in really nice shape. As I was looking at it the owner came up and I started talking to him and found out that he had taken the 440 out and put a slant six in it.

Lot of surfers in Peru BTW. I body surf, that's it, I almost got killed one day, came down on my head in a big wave, las ondas estan muy fuerte tambien, jaja!
jbarnes

Post by jbarnes »

Hey Bob, All show babie, no go..................
(gads, a slant six............for mommas car maybe)
Hummmmmmmmmm,Gotta think about that one... OK, I'm done.....
rictified

Post by rictified »

Yeah I thought that was pretty funny, he didn't really know what it was though. It's so poor there and gas is so expensive our hot rod culture is pretty foreign to them, he did know it had been a very fast car at one time though. (actually he had bought it with the 6 in it, the previous owner had taken out the 440 and still had it I guess and wanted the car back)
jbarnes

Post by jbarnes »

Where was this at......... I mean I have seen $4 PG gas but not here, yet (and in CA it will get there 1st)
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

South American tales...had you run across anybody using concrete as body filler that was painted over with a brush and bright blue gloss enamel?

My VW dune buggy broke down in traffic about three miles from my studio in Brasil. I nursed it back to my mechanic's oficina. Clutch was frozen, so every red light I had to kill the motor with the brakes and start it again with the starter and second gear engaged.

I got it back, and turned it over to him. Turns out it had a major fram fracture, which he realigned, welded and gussetted better than new for $80.00 American.

That's three car washes in San Francisco.

The Third World has its pluses and minuses, but it's always an entertaining eye-opener.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
jbarnes

Post by jbarnes »

Isn't that a standard 5K North of the Golden Gate auto repair Paul ???
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Yeah. I have a trusted old-country type mechanic for my Maserati V8.

$450.00 to change and gap the spark plugs sound about right?

Well, he did do a complete dyno eval, too...
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
jbarnes

Post by jbarnes »

At least he can get to the plugs Paul........HAve you seen some of the newer engine setups ??

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”