RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Blood pressure's fine Paul - I Think

no one else got an answer, it's hard though I admit
TODAY'S THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Roy: I did not see your question about your namesake until I read through just now. Was the answer you are looking for Zig Zag?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Zabriskie Point.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
brammy

Post by brammy »

This one looks interesting...
FERRY CROSS THE MERSEY 1965 U.K. film. Brian Epstein presents: Gerry and The Pacemakers, The Fourmost, The Black Knights, Cilla Black, Earl Royce and the Olympics, and The Blackwells. 14 dazzling numbers!

http://www.thevideobeat.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=75
“The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it.” ....H. L. Mencken
brammy

Post by brammy »

... and going back a bit further... good old Alan Freed....

MISTER (MR.) ROCK AND ROLL 1957
U.S. film. Alan Freed is Mr. Rock and Roll as he sets out to prove that RnR doesn't cause juvenile delinquency. Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Frankie Lymon and The Teenagers, The Moonglows, Lavern Baker, Teddy Randazzo, Clyde McPhatter, Book Benton. Many others. Classic 1950s rock and roll.
“The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it.” ....H. L. Mencken
brammy

Post by brammy »

and their followup....

HOLD ON! 1966
U.S. film. Herman's Hermits version of "Help." The British group is on tour in the U.S. when NASA decides to name a rocket after them. Huh? Meanwhile the boys find themselves mixed up with an ambitious starlet willing to stop at nothing! Shelly Fabares, Herbert Anderson, Sue Ann Langdon, Bernard Fox, Mickey Deems. Ten great songs! Silly fun.
brammy

Post by brammy »

yup... gotta get this one...
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Whose legs are those?
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
rictified

Post by rictified »

Gerry's of course.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Paul,Peter

Answer to Roy Orbison query was indeed Zabriskie Point.

Now Paul name the song.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Kent

Never seen the film but I have the soundtrack, The Fourmost number and the Cilla Number and the Fourmost number are excellent but never appeared anywhere else. Forme one of the best numbers on the album is All Quiet On The Mersey front by George Martin Orch. Always loved his version of This Boy on HDN's but it wasn't on the soundtrack.

Scene where Ringo does a runner and is seen walking through a park on his own it plays in background.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes Roy, that is a great theme song, Ringo's Theme.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
brammy

Post by brammy »

I agree... Ringo's Theme is one of Martin's best.
Almost as good as his keyboard playing on a number of Beatles songs.... The subject of George Martin's contribution/influence to the Beatles is huge and needs its own thread.
revolver323
Intermediate Member

Post by revolver323 »

Paul: of course they're Jerry's legs. You cantell because he's holding them up around his neck, just like his guitar. "Ferry Cross the Mersey" was a small hit in the U.S in 1965. I sang it in my band at the time.
revolver323
Intermediate Member

Post by revolver323 »

Seaside Swingers (a k a Every Day's a Holiday)
1965 British Invasion pop stars Freddie and the Dreamers appear as five musical, madcap chefs and sing two numbers, while Liverpool beat group the Mojos supply some hard teenage blues during a swinging dance club scene.

A group of high-spirited youngsters finds friendship, love, and music together while working summer jobs at a holiday camp in this Merseybeat musical.

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”