My new band

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
phlemmy

My new band

Post by phlemmy »

www.myspace.com/speedbleeder

looking for a singer. songs posted soon...i hope.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

"Unexpected Error"..... great name for a band, Sean!!
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
brammy

Post by brammy »

Is that "Speedbleeder" as in "ear bleeder"?

I was able to see it... but the only group photo I see is of "The Bottle Babies".

Which reminds me of a band that used to be around here (Honolulu): "The Pagan Babies"
“The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it.” ....H. L. Mencken
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

Well, it appears I am in 2 bands now. I am doing another thing with my drummer, the guitarist from his old band and the singer from local rock/punk band. The guitarist calls it simple stuff and I guess it is compared to the stuff he did with his old band which is uber technical, but man, it’s killing me. It’s making me have to think about what I am playing! d'oh! We wrote a song last night that is primarily in 5/4 and slips into 4/4 on occasion. The bass riff is cool but it took me forever to get it right and be able to keep playing it. The Dexterity factor had a lot to do with that. What’s worse (or better) is what joey is doing on drums. Damn man, that dude is incredible. He can slip in from playing a perfectly solid 2/4 groove into some whacked out bozzio type stuff. I am learning not to pay attention to him because when I do it throws me off in amazement. The other song we wrote is a little more straight forward. I think both bands will be recording within the next 2 weeks.

Return to “My Gig Forum”