Cure Autism Now

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

bbobb24

Cure Autism Now

Post by bbobb24 »

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are taking part in a 5k walk on October sponsored by an organization called Cure Autism Now. Their goal is to eventually find the cause and sure for this disability that affects soo many people. Our 8 year old son was diagnosed autistic when he was 2 and we're doing what we can to help bring awareness to as many people as we can.

If anyone is interested you can read up on autism at www.cureautismnow.com Also if you'd like to make a donation please go to http://www.walknow.org/05philly/bobcat

Thanks for reading and thanks for any and all support.

Bob Bachman
chingnchime

Post by chingnchime »

Right you are Bob- My son who is 7 was diagnosed when he was 3. Though he's termed 'high functioning' it's still tough for him and for us too. He's a wonderful little guy as is, but won't it be great when they find a cure!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
bbobb24

Post by bbobb24 »

It will be wonderful if and when they find a cure Steve, or at least find out what causes it. Bobby is termed "high functioning" also and he's in 'normal school' but he's a target for the bullies, but he's such a good kid.

We're getting close to our fund raising goal, with the Cure Autism Now walk a couple weeks away. So again please go to the above link if you'd like to donate, no amount is too small.
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

I read something recently about the high content of mercury in vaccinations may be the cause of some autism ... also autism has increased about 127% in the last 20 years ... I would humbly suggest that you investigate natural cures for your kid's problem ...
bbobb24

Post by bbobb24 »

Hi Jeff, there was an article about that in a recent issue of Rolling Stone about mercury in vaccinations possibly causing some kids to be autistic.

I appreciate your suggestion about natural cures, we've tried just about everything with little of no success. I'm sure that somewhere out there there's an ansewer.
jojo99

Post by jojo99 »

Have you tried a gluten-free diet?
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Bob, my restaurants collect money for Autism research. The response has been overwhelming. The fellow (who's son is Autistic), is very happy. Now....one of my 4 year olds has Cerebral Palsy. I wish something could be done for her. She is beautiful but doesn't have much muscle control. It will be a lifelong struggle for her (and us) but we'll make it.
cwk

Post by cwk »

There was an article or few at a site that has long been reguarded as a tinfoil-hat webpage dealing with this very subject.Rense.com, I belive.What I find interesting is the fact that this mercury issue has been brought up on many occasions only to be ignored
by the very people we trust for "news".Then again,
look into the whole Aspritame issue among other things and how that has been buried.No suprise.
jojo99

Post by jojo99 »

The question to ask is, why are vaccine makers phasing out mercury if they are so confident it is perfectly safe? (and if it wasn't necessary to add mercury, why were they using it for all those years?) And why do their lobbyists need to (successfully) have legislation inserted in bills exempting them from future and RETROACTIVE lawsuits regarding mercury? I smell something fishy... (oh yeah, that's high in mercury too)
jojo99

Post by jojo99 »

I should add my autistic 8-year old has NEVER had a single vaccine, ever. (most states allow an exception to the rule that vaccines are required to enroll in school..tell them it's against your religious beliefs). I'm absolutely convinced that if my kid had the usual battery of infant vaccinations, she would not be as high-functioning as she is. ( I also credit her gluten-free diet for her high-functioning.) I don't think the vaccinations CAUSE autism on their own, but they add considerable insult to injury, adding unacceptable amounts of toxins into an already compromised condition.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”