FS

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

route66guitars

FS

Post by route66guitars »

Due to last weekend's accident and the aftermath I find it necessary to sell a few things. This includes the following two left handed instruments out of my personal playing collection:

1) 1967 Rickenbacker 360-12 JetGlow. I've posted pictures and the story on this one in the past. It shipped in 1974 with a 1974 serial number plate, but has ALL 1967 features, including THE neck profile (Graham knows what I mean), checkered binding, toasters, Klusons, full width sparkley inlays, and the internal 'convertible' block. Comes with a reissue silver case.

2) 1980 MusicMan StingRay Bass. I know, it's not a Rick, but it's a killer bass. It took me years to find one this nice. Black with a rosewood fingerboard. Very few in this combination. Most of the lefties were Maple/Natural for some reason. Great condition and all original with original case. Leo Fender era B01 series serial number. NOT an Ernie Ball made bass (they are nice, but not the same beast.)

If anyone is interested send me an email and I'll send photos.
route66guitars

Post by route66guitars »

I got no response, so I broke down and listed it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7360205898
bails
Veteran RRF member

Post by bails »

Firstly: Why the private auction? Most private auctions tend to be 'zero feedback' scams, because no one can warn the bidders, nor see whether the seller is shill bidding.

Secondly: What would shipping to Parkville, 3052, Australia cost?
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

makes me wish i was a lefty.
route66guitars

Post by route66guitars »

Hi Mark. I use private auctions for a couple of reasons.

First, it prevents the 'Second Chance Offer' scammers from getting bidder's names.

Second, it keeps bidders from contacting each other to make side deals or trying to deter others from bidding.

I agree that some people try to abuse the system, but eBay can generally tell when someone is shill bidding. There is considerably more abuse at this point by showing the bidder's names.

Shipping to Australia would cost roughly $140.00. You're the second person to ask me this today. Are these popular basses in Australia?
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

seriously, i think that's the prettiest musicman i have ever seen.
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

I'd like an nice early Fretless...
route66guitars

Post by route66guitars »

Didn't meet the reserve I had set for it, so it looks like I'll be hanging on to it.

I'll keep my eyes open for a fretless, and let you know if I come across one in my travels.
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

That's a righty Scott, no southpaw here!
route66guitars

Post by route66guitars »

Knew that, Wints, thanks.

In my position it pays to know who around me is lefty.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”