Rickenbacker Amplifier Identification

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Rickenbacker Amplifier Identification

Post by admin »

Tracy would you please identify the model of this Rickenbacker Amplifier and provide a description of its features if you have them.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

Hi Peter!

Well, it woulda been tough, but the telltale opening for the tweeter indicates that this is a model M-15. They came stock with a Jensen 15" full range speaker and a Jensen 4" tweeter. Two 6L6's and a tube rectifier (usually a 5V4 but sometimes a 5AR4) make this thang a honkin' wonder. Don't take my word; plug in an SG, and enjoy the ear candy for yerself!
Show him the shirts, Adrian.
james_sky

Post by james_sky »

hi. My name's James. You're gonna hate me when i say this, but i found an old Rickenbacker amp in the TRASH. It appears to be late 50's early 60's. It's a B-14. I'm getting it repaired, but we can't go any further without a schematic. Where could i find one? I'd like any info whatsoever on this amp. I could send you a foto as well, if necessary. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

James: Thanks so much for your post and by all means send in photos from all angles in as much detail as possible to mccorp@nbnet.nb.ca There is, what would appear to be, a close Schematic at the Official Rickenbacker Site. Failing this, your post should get a response from Tracy Sands who has extensive experience with the repair of Rickenbacker Amplifiers. Please let us know how you make out.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

James,

What a coincidence! I found my M-14 (earlier model) in the trash as well. Parts were missing and wires had been cut as thought it had been cannibalized to repair other amps?!? I don't know of any schematic available for either of these models. I put mine back together on a wing and a prayer together with a modicum of common sense and it sounds terrific! How'd you make out with yours??
Show him the shirts, Adrian.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”