TR35B valuation

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Michael_Magnuson

TR35B valuation

Post by Michael_Magnuson »

A friend of mine has had an offer to purchase his TR35B but he doesn't know the value or what he should be asking. It is in good condition, no real cosmetic problems that I can see, and it still sounds great (according to the prospective buyer). Can anyone help me out with an approximation?
Mike.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

While it is difficult to know the condition of the amplifier of which you speak, based on the information that I have at the present time, this amplifier is probably worth 250-300 US. I hope this helps.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

Some time ago, I had perhaps a dozen TR35B's in my shop and they all sold in the neighborhood of $225 to $300 depending on conditon, except for one very unusual one that had a volume control on the 'line-in', just like on the TR120B (too cool)! Some fellow in the City of Brotherly Love overpaid me for it to the tune of somewhere around $450. I should mention that it was MINT condition. Did you know that these were also marketed under different (stencil) names other than Rickenbacker? Let's see some of those crawl out of the closets!
Show him the shirts, Adrian.
Michael_Magnuson

Post by Michael_Magnuson »

Thanks, you guys!!!!
bassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by bassman »

What is the output power of a TR35B, 35watts, 50 watts?
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

35 Watts RMS-not a penny more! Also, it tends to reproduce low frequencies more efficiently than highs (perhaps this is intentional). I tried to use mine for guitar and I couldn't get past the drums, but with my M-14A (20 watts), no problem!?!
Show him the shirts, Adrian.
dave

Post by dave »

does anyone have info on the TR-25 serial# RY 7726
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dave: I believe that your amplifier was manufactured in 1978 and probably in the month of December. I will continue to explore more about it. In the meantime, I hope that Tracy or someone from RIC has a chance to respond with something more definitive.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”