Freddie Starr At The Iron Door Club

Discuss the early days of the Club with the manager.
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Freddie Starr At The Iron Door Club

Post by jps »

Fascinating photos of St. George's Hall! They really likes to move wood blocks around, didn't they? :mrgreen:

Great old organ, too, 8)
hamilton_square

Post by hamilton_square »

Jeffery JPS; if you want to know more about that brute of a Henry Willis organ then watch these two brief promotional videos done to promote the L’Orchestra dell’Arte becoming the St George’s Hall ‘house band’ back in 2013 …

The question I have to ask myself is how on earth did we get from Freddie Starr at the Iron Door Club to organ recitals at the St George's Hall - and, does anyone really care.
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Post by 13_temple_street »

Geoff: I understand that one Frederick Fowell, used to perform as a musician in the early days, before he became known as a comedian

Little did we realize that an innocent question from Peter McCormack on 27th October 2006 would result in the fascinating journey, this journey could not have been remotely possible without Peter( hamilton_square).Peter's ability to squirrel information and bundle it up in a very attractive package . The journey gives a insight of just a small part of events behind the scene, which will hopefully assist future historians .

Return to “Iron Door Club Forum: by Geoff Hogarth”