Girls With Rics

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

the_legoheads

Girls With Rics

Post by the_legoheads »

Call me twisted, call me perverted, call me shallow... But there are few things better in life than the sight of a girl with a Rickenbacker. Strangely this goes completely against another long held bigoted theory of mine, that in the most part, girls and guitars just don't look right (cue abuse... or better still save it for another thread...!!!). However, for some unknown reason this unpopular view completely falls apart when I see a girl playing a Ric. Even if the playing is substandard or the music not to my taste, I am transfixed. Any theories...? Would it be too obvious and cringe-worthy to suggest that the beauty of the Rickenbacker enhances the beauty of the girl...? Yes, probably.

In the meantime, a list of female exponents on which I can feed my fetish would be greatly appreciated.
Just killing time until I die...!!!
longhouse
Advanced Member

Post by longhouse »

'You got chocolate in my peanut butter!'

As a male AND a musician, it's easy for me to relate. You have two of the best things in life together: women + Rics

Plus if she's playing a Rickenbacker, you know she has discerning taste in all things. It bespeaks another (higher) echelon in taste and existence.
Shaking the floor of Heaven
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Hmmm. Well, i cannot really play, but i hope a Rick looks good on me.Image And, being a female who cannot really play, i may like it more for the fact it's easy to play and the wood looks so nice & matches my eyes color (well, kind of - green would match better, but Walnut is cool, too).Image On the other hand, from "the other side" i do not necessarily agree, since for me, if playing is bad, it is bad. No matter how handsome the guy is.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
pflash4001

Post by pflash4001 »

Susanna Hoffs....some of The Bangles music was just too silly for me (Walk Like an Egyptian) but other stuff was ok. But I loved watching Susanna Hoffs and her Ric...sssiiiiggghhhh...
Never ask "how much worse could it possibly get?"
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Not exactly a 'list', Mick, but here's an excellent start for you - the lovely Ms. Hoffs:

Many thanks for the opportunity, Mick! Image
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
pflash4001

Post by pflash4001 »

Thanks for those pics. That's a beautiful bass in the background too!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

No probs, Javier. Yes, it is indeed a lovely bass...... not that I looked at it much at the time!
pflash4001

Post by pflash4001 »

Can't say I blame you. What is it? is that a quilted maple 4004? I've never seen one using quilted maple.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I honestly don't know, Javier... I'm not big on basses, but I suspect it might have been one from the Rickenbacker museum collection.
pflash4001

Post by pflash4001 »

It's stunning, but then again, so are the lovely Ms. Hoffs' legs as you so astutelty pointed out earlier. Although I am quite sure her legs are not part of any museum's collection.
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

SH looks mighty impressive...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

"That's a beautiful bass in the background too!"

Here it is, as photographed at the MOMM:

Jared is drolling as you read this.
markbass99
Intermediate Member

Post by markbass99 »

Man, that would make an excellent five string.....(ducks)....and it needs a VVT control job....(ducks again).....
73 Feb 4001, 73 March 4001, 73 April 4001, 73 May 4001, 73 June 4001, 73 July 4001
04 MM Bongo 5HSp, 07 MM Bongo 5HS, 09 MM Bongo 5HS, 09 MM Bongo 5Hp, 11 MM Bongo 5H
pflash4001

Post by pflash4001 »

That's a gorgeous bass. Is that produced for market? I've never seen one of those. It's look great with a translucent blue or green.
expomick
Intermediate Member

Post by expomick »

A band knows at the Clik were in the Toronto XM studios to record a session earlier this afternoon, and the young woman playing bass was playing a very tasty looking blue (metallic blue?) Rickenbacker.

I don't know much about Ric basses, but it looked very nice.

Mo Berg, formerly of The Pursuit of Happiness, in somehow involved with this band.
How much!?!

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”